SOLVED Sony Vaio drivers for window7

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been trying for days to find the correct drivers for Sony Vaio note book VGN-TZ27GN/N (bought in Singapore 2 years ago with Vista) to work with window7. I have downloaded almost 1 g of drivers from the closest model (TZ27ON) on Sony's official site (Europe for this model). The card reader, swipe finger, dvd and inbuilt camera are still dead. Drivermax recommended by firejunky on another post leads me to Computerupdater program for $50 or so. Is this the right path?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome!

I don't have an answer for you but if I was going to plunk down $50, there would have to be a guarantee.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Drivermax recommended by firejunky on another post leads me to Computerupdater program for $50 or so. Is this the right path?
No this is not the correct way to go, unless you want to throw away $50. You could send me the $50, it will go to a far better use! JK!

Here's the page at Sony for your laptop's specifications: http://vaio-online.sony.com/prod_info/vgn-tz27gn_b/specifications.html

1. Your notebook uses the following Intel Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GMS Express Chipset. Go to the Intel website to download the latest driver for this chipset. You didn't state whether you have the x64 or x86 version of Windows 7 installed. You'll have to choose the correct one.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...et+Family&ProdId=2300&LineId=1088&FamilyId=40

2. Your notebook uses the following Graphics Media Accelerator: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. Use the same Intel link above to download the driver.

3. This is your wireless network chipset: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Go here to get the driver for it: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

I hope this helps... BTW make the check out to: Nibiru2012 Location: Planet X

Reaction score
Not ready to send cheque to Planet X yet, however thanks for the links.
I did not think of trying intel!
I went from Vista Business to Window7 Home Premium upgrade forcing me to go for a clean start.
I have downloaded and installed the three you listed for 32bits. Unfortunatly WFi is the only part that improved as far as I can see. Where to from here?

Reaction score
I note that I have two Base System Device listed both with a yellow warning flag. Automatically fixing did not work

Reaction score
Base system Device missing driver may well be the solution, where can I find it?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Base system Device missing driver may well be the solution, where can I find it?
Sorry, I don't know. These are the things that happen when someone does an upgrade or custom install and don't write down and/or research the drivers for their computer.

Call Sony Tech support, they should be able to guide you.

Reaction score
After more research and a tip from another forum this is what I did:
Went to Sony web page for Asia
- Installed Vaio event service
- Rebooted
- Installed sony shared library
- rebooted
- Installed Power management driver
- Rebooted
-Installed SD Card
-Installed Camera
-Installed Blue Tooth
- Installed Touch Chip Finger

And it works (despite they are meant to be for vista) after saving them and installing them one by one.

Reaction score
Thanks Nibiru for pointing me in the right direction.
I did record all the drivers I downloaded before but I can not access them beyond my locked folder. It looks like I will have to go with cmd to find them and delete them.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I am glad I was able to help out in some small way.

There are no Windows 7 drivers available?

Why is your folder "locked"? Which folder is it?

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure the drivers are for window7 or only for vista. The only two things that are not working as before are the blue tooth Jabra X10 serie 2 ear peace and the install disk for window mobile 6.5 htc touch one cell phone.

The lock folder is \\BOSSLAPTOP\Users\Raymond I have tried to own it through right click to property/security all permissions have a tick for allow.
I have tried Add_Take_Ownership using this Tweak and it will give you the option to take ownership when you right click on a file or folder or drive.
This took a long time but still did not gave me entry to go to where I think the drivers were downloaded for VGN-TZ27ON

Ask a Question