Snipping Tool issues

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I have a question about the snipping tool in windows 7. I recently upgraded from Vista and this really cool snipping tool was available in the left column in internet explorer when I first opened it and it was sweet! You would be on a web page and if you wanted to snip something you just went over, hit a the button and snipped it over. It would then appear in the left column shrank down and would always be visable to bring back up. You could scroll through the list at anytime to view them. I still can bring up the snip tool at the start menu but it seems so generic than the other one I had. Has anybody been dealing with this and knows what I'm talking about? I'm having a hard time finding out what it was and where it went. It just vanished a few days after the upgrade. I would really appreciate any feedback with this. It was a sweet feature!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You're probably thinking of SnagIt, which is a little more sophisticated snipping tool.

It does integrate with IE and is positioned in the upper left corner.

SnagIt only comes with a 30 day trial though.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
As Nbiru says. But the snipping tool was part of the "Tablet" in Vista, but is now independent. It is in the "Accessories" of the Start Menu.

But, if that is what you mean, you can make it just as convenient to use by making a shortcut to the taskbar (or desktop)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I really like SnagIt. I have a fully licensed version running. It has some nice features.

One is the Snagit Editor which gives me the option to save to 28 various file formats such as jpeg, png, ico, pdf, bmp, tiff, etc.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
One feature which is not in all such programs, which I really like and use for examples, is the capture of a scrolled or whole internet page. Absolute magic!

View attachment 793

Last edited:
Reaction score
Snagit?

Thanks for all the help guys, it sounds like snagit might have been the program. Just would like to be sure though. So, snagit resides on the left side of the screen in a column and the web snips appear in that column from which you can scroll through and select the ones you want to work with? Can somebody with snagit snip a web page and let me see what it looks like? I think I might want to "snagit" if it's what I hope it is. Thanks everybody!

Reaction score
I have been using the Windows 7 Snipping tool and I don't like it at all. SnagIt is a much better product. The issues that I have been having have been that when I use the email function it sends it as an attachment and the body of the message contains Chinese which translates to a propoganda site. Has anyone else experienced this?:mad:

Ask a Question