Reaction score
No, your not the only one. The skype community forum is flooded with complaints, hundreds and hundreds of people with the some problem.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just browsed on this one. Is that the login problem which some are experiencing?
I rarely use it, but have hd it on two Windows 7 machines for many months without (so far!) problems.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Skype's been doing this for ages.Most unfriendly software programming ever.

The problem is Skype does not remove key files from the AppData directory when it is uninstalled. So when you reinstall the program, the same files that cause the problem get reused.

I'd suggest uninstalling skype, then going to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Skype and deleting the entire folder. Please note skype logs are stored here, so back it up if you wish to save your logs! After that I simply installed the latest version of skype and it's been working so far. This trick also worked for some other people, so it's worth a try...

Reaction score
Skype is a software which will help me by contacting me to my friend.I have also doing work for the betterment of my office with the help of skype.This one is the best way of promoting the work of communication.

Reaction score
Good that I do not update when everytime update is available :)
But good to know that there is fix available. :)

Ask a Question