Setup.ini parameters

Reaction score
I have an application with a setup.ini file that is causing the Application Compatibility Service to flip out when I try to install it. I edited the setup.ini file to include the following (which is probably incorrect):

[Win7]
MajorVer=6
MinorVer=1
MinorVerMax=2
BuildNo=7000
PlatformId=2

If anyone has an idea of how to correctly edit this file so that Windows 7 knows there are no compatibility issues, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which app is it Chris, and what error do you get? I'm guessing that setup.ini file is part of an MSI package?

Reaction score
It is Symantec Endpoint Protection v 12.0. The setup.exe is < 300k, so it looks like it reads the setup.ini file, and then calls the appropriate MSI packages. I have seen a few posts on other forums about it working for other folks, but unfortunately, which is usually the case, they don't post HOW they got it to work.

If it is easier, is there a way to temporarily disable the Program Compatibility features? I disabled the Program Compatibility Assistant service and rebooted, but no dice.

Thanks again for your help.

Ask a Question