Server setup

Reaction score
I want to setup a server, me and my brother does a lot of programming and we transfere our projects to each other when we are stuck on something, but sometimes the project are too large to email.
I would like to setup a server, i have had a go in the past with Apache but had no sucsess.
I dont realy want to use my main system as a server but if it would be best that way the yes, my system specs on the left.
I have two spare pc’s and lots of HD’s about 500GB to store in them.
1st one has XP and is resonable spec with 2gb memory and the second one has windows 98 an old system.
What i want to do is store my software and projects on the server so that me and my brother can access it.
What is the best server setup to setup for me, i want something simple to setup, I use TalkTalk on 24mb if this helps.
I know everyone will have different opinions.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
If all you're doing is moving files back and forth, then probably an ftp server would be sufficient. Otherwise, a collab solution that runs off a web server. Depends on what you need specifically, really.

Ask a Question