Second Computer

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
If I want to install the RC on a 2nd computer, do I need to download and burn another copy of the ISO or can I use the same one I have?

TIA

Reaction score
you can use the same copy you have, but you will need a new key, you can get this from the windows 7 website :)

Reaction score
actually you can install it up to 3 computers with same key.... i installed on 3 pc's with same key and all are activated and running well

Reaction score
Not sure if its true or not - I did recieve a Email from Microsoft telling me I could install Windows 7 7000 Beta on upto 5 PC's. Wish I would have keeped the Email

However they could have changed it for 7100 RC

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Maybe it is because I got my copy from Microsoft Technet, but they specifically mentioned the key was good for up to 10 computers. This has been the norm for their beta/RC releases.

The original Windows 7 Beta key is designed to also work for Windows 7 RC installs as well.

Reaction score
Hey Kougar, i was just wondering how do you gget into Microsoft Technet, do you have to pay, work for them, what?

Reaction score
true... I used my BETA key for my RC and all worked well.

and technet is subscription that you have to pay for.... not sure how much it is but probably pricey since you get unlimited access to software and such from Microsoft.... lol

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks to all.
I have to upgrade the ram on that box before I run 7 on it. May not spend the $ 'cuz it's old. We'll see....

Reaction score
RAM Upgrade

Thanks to all.
I have to upgrade the ram on that box before I run 7 on it. May not spend the $ 'cuz it's old. We'll see....
Now is the time to upgrade ram. DDR2 and DDR3 are dirt cheap!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hey Kougar, i was just wondering how do you gget into Microsoft Technet, do you have to pay, work for them, what?
Microsoft Technet offers free tools (Sysinternals) as well as information, forums, and a few other things.

The subscription itself is not free, it allows the use of multiple OS's and installations as long as they are not used in a production environment or for resale. Members usually get access to betas and if those betas are public then tend to get access in advance.

Reaction score
If I want to install the RC on a 2nd computer, do I need to download and burn another copy of the ISO or can I use the same one I have?

TIA
I tried exactly this ... and it did not work .. seems it did not like the 'burner' on my other machine .. So I had to burn another DVD with the 2nd machines burner .. worked a treat then. I thought I would post this just in case others have the same problem :)

Ask a Question