SOLVED PC turns on and off every 2 seconds

Reaction score
PC turns on and off every 2 seconds
I have a new build but it turns on and off every 2 seconds does anyone know why this might be happening?

CPU - i5-4670
Video Card - Gigabyte R9 270X
Motherboard - Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 LGA 1150
RAM - Kingston Hyper X Blu 8 GB (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9
SSD Drive 120 GB
750 Watt Power Supply

Last edited:
Reaction score
I Reset the Cmos and now it's running all the time but I have no video and an error message of A9 (BIOS setup is started) whatever that means and what can I do about it?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Download your motherboards manual HERE. Page 104.

It means that the BIOS has started.

Shintaro

Reaction score
In the BIOS, "Save & Exit" did you select Load Optimized Defaults?

Reaction score
My Video card became un seated and I moved it to another slot and my video fired up so I moved it back and now it works. This is something I learned in trouble shooting 101 and I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out. It should of been the first thing it tried.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
According to the manuals for the Motherboard, there is only One PCIe 16x slot. Which is the slot closest to the CPU. The other slot of the same size is PCIe 8x.
Have you put the card in the correct slot?

Also try the DVI-1 port on the video card.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Reaction score
I put the card in the PCIe 8x and it worked then I put it back into the PCIe 16 and it worked so it just become un seated. I've corrected this problem dozens of times and why I couldn't remember doing it now worry me so I am going to buy some type of PC book for dummies because it's been 10 years since I worked in the field and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
If everything is sorted could you please mark the thread as solved.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This may be a situation like I had once where the board would get hot and pop out of the slot a little. But the PCI-e slots should have a latch to lock the board in place; flip that up to help keep this from happening again.

Ask a Question