SOLVED Scrolling marquee

Reaction score
In earlier versions of Windows - XP, for example - you could select the screensaver called 'Scrolling marquee', where you could chose your own text message that was displayed and other attributes. However, the choices of screensaver in Windows 7 is very limited - and does not include that particular screensaver.
Now from the 'Net, I've downloaded that screensaver, (I could also import it from XP), but how and to where do I copy it into Windows 7 so that it is available for me to choose and to run it upon demand?

Al., The Mekon.

Reaction score
Job done! But don't ask me how I managed it! Being a raw newcomer to Windows 7, it was done by simply toying around with all manner of things - including the Command option - until suddenly things fell into place. (But I know better than to tamper with the registry!)
So that's a bit embarrassing to admit . . . and also annoying since if I wish to do that again - which I almost certainly will on another PC, it'll have to be done the same 'way'. But at least I know know it can be done.

Ask a Question