scanning and digitising documents

Reaction score
I have an Epson Stylus TX100 printer/scanner and I am trying to scan old letters and send them to Word but I can't digitse them Can someone tell me how please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First you need to scan them (to do that you must have the driver installed so your scanner works) and then you need to use scanning software, either from EPSON or the Windows Fax and Scan. This takes a "picture" of your letter.

Then you need OCR software which may come included with your scanner but if not then you may wish to buy some. The optical Character Recognition software converts the "picture" to "text" as best it can, which Word can then understand. Converting typed text is best; hand-written cursive is not as likely to convert well.

Reaction score
Thank you. I have a scanner with OCR but I have just tried again to make sure I was using the Epson and found that I have been using the Windows Fax and scan. Maybe that's my problem.
Maybe Epson scan is not set up correctly. Will investigate that. Thanks again.

Ask a Question