SOLVED Save IE Zoom Setting

Reaction score
When I open a window in w7 lets say for instance ebay it always opens at 100% magnification which is a bit small for me so I go to zoom and enlarge it to 150% but when I close it down and then reopen it it always reverts to 100% is there anyway I can get them to open at 150%.
Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
IE should save the zoom level normally, so could you please check the following settings : Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Accessibility (in the white box) and then look for the "reset zoom level for new windows and tabs" and make sure it's unchecked.

If it's already empty, do you have any toolbars running in IE?

Reaction score
Hello Ian thanks for the reply I have checked the box and it is unticked as for the tool bar I am not sure I have a tool bar with talktalk on it and one with ask this is the one with view and tools (etc) on. Hope this helps.
Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you use either of the tool bars? It could be that one of them is interfering with the zoom settings, as by default IE (9?) will remember the settings.

Can you try disabling them under Tools > Manage Addons and see if that helps?

Reaction score
Hello Ian
I have done what you said and I have disabled a couple of items, what they were I honestly do not know, anyhow that did not work so I enabled them again. I do not know if I have a IE toolbar how do I tell.
Jim.

Reaction score
Ian I have just diabled an ask toolbar and and all is now working fine.
many thanks.
Jim

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great news Jim, thanks for reporting back with the fix :).

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Ian I have just diabled an ask toolbar and and all is now working fine.
many thanks.
Jim
Get rid of that unnecessary ASK toolbar. It's junk! Go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features section, look for the ASK toolbar install and then uninstall it.

Ask a Question