Restore link to program menu

Reaction score
I dragged the System Restore link from the program menu to the Start menu and it no longer appears
on the program menu. Is there a way to put a System Restore link back on the program menu and have the links in both places?

thanks
Walt

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You should be able to just drag it back.

In the future simply right-click on the menu item (unless that option is disabled) and choose "pin to start menu". Or you should be able to drag menu items to the start orb and you should see a popup saying "pin to start menu", when you drop it a start menu shortcut will be created. With either technique the original menu item should also remain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi TrainableMan Thanks for the reply

I want to put the link back to where it was in the Program/Accessories menu.

Thanks
Walt

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
And what happens when you drag it back?

Reaction score
And what happens when you drag it back?
Drag it back to where? When I click on the start menu the program menu disappears. Is there a constant button or orb for the program menu as there is for the start menu?

That is how I got the Systems Restore link to the
Start menu. Is there a reverse procedure?

Thanks

Walt

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you are seeing the start menu left-mouse-click (and hold the mouse button down) while on the Systems Restore Link; while stile holding the left mouse down, scroll the cursor over "All Programs" at the bottom of the start menu until it switches to the programs menu, then (still holding the left mouse down) scroll over Accessories until it expands, and finally while hovering over System Tools, release the left mouse button.

Ask a Question