SOLVED Restore Dell laptop to fresh Windows install

Reaction score
Just Got my Dell Inspiron 1545 from Dell.com on 12/3/09... and I don't like what I did so far... so I was curious how can I get my dell laptop to be back like when I first turned it on?

I wanna start over with everything :'(

Reaction score
I'm good at computers but when it comes to fixing,repairing or w/e else Im dumbfounded on it... I know how to use it.. I just did a few things I don't liek and just wanted to start out fresh again, I am getting alil stressed about it and if i can restart out of the box I would be happy..

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Usually Dell include a recovery partition on their machines. You would need to use that or if they included the Windows 7 DVD, you could use it instead.

Since you just bought the PC from Dell, give them a call and they should walk you through the process using the Recover Partition

Reaction score
thanks I got it.. brand new out of the box shape again..

closed the case :D

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it figured out.

I will mark this thread solved. :)

Edit:
For some reason I don't have the option to mark it solved

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm glad you got back, too. Don't want to mess a brand new laptop up.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Edit:
For some reason I don't have the option to mark it solved
I didn't enable the solved option for general discussion, but I'll move this to the setup/installation forum and mark it solved there :)

Ask a Question