Restoration Data being corrupted

Reaction score
System worked fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now when recoving from a sleep mode, recovery starts (disk reads) and then goes into never-never land. Only way to recover is remove power cord (power button disabled), allow restoration to start, and then cold boot with reset button. If you dont reset, hard drive goes into an endless search and only reset will get it back. After this, a message is displayed "restart windows or use existing restoration data file". If you select use existing restoration data file, hard drive goes into endless search. and only a reset will get it back.
Have tried BIOS S1, S3, and S1/3 with same results.
Have update all drivers, with same result.
Have tried setting power to keyboard and disk on during sleep with same results
Problem is random, no order to when it will recover and when it wont.
Suspect file that stores restoration data is corrupted. How do I repair file?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
To be honest with you I am not aware of a fix, unless your system has a "recovery partition" on it from the manufacturer.

Do you have or did you make a set of recovery disks?

If not, then I would suggest a clean install and reformat of the hard drive.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you say updated all drivers, are you including your BIOS, as these sleep issues tend to be related to ACPI in the BIOS.

Personally I think this is just a new FEATURE of W7 :mad:. I have to set my machine to never sleep, not allow hybrid, and never hibernate and it still sometimes visits Peter Pan (goes to NeverNeverLand) if I let it alone for too long.

Generally your power button will shut the computer down if you hold the button for 6 seconds. Also there is normally an external power switch on the power supply that will do the same as pulling the cord.

Ask a Question