SOLVED Realtek HD R2.63 drivers released today

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I've got some driver updating to do :D

Reaction score
Your welcome Ian. I had that one and MSI put a bios update out for my 890FXA-GD70 mobo, too.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Tks brkkab.
Downloaded and installed on Windows 7 Ultimate. It does a superb job. Uninstalls the old garbage, asks for a reboot and then installs new. It puts that really excellent Control Panel item in, of course, where you can adjust your environment and several other things.

Reaction score
your welcome davehc. The feature your talking about was added 1 or 2 versions back. It's cool how it removes the old version and makes you restart and then installs rhe current version.I can't remember, but that apect was added in R2.61 or R2.62.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Thanks. I am aware of that - been using Realtek Control panel for a while.
I have a post somewhere on the subject
Thanks again for the heads up.

Reaction score
its only today I saw this link. thanks for sharing...
hopefully this would enhance the performance of my sounds.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's cool how it removes the old version and makes you restart and then installs
rhe current version.I can't remember, but that apect was added in R2.61 or
R2.62.
The Realtek driver update has been removing the previous old driver and then restarting since way back with the version R2.48 or so. So it's not a new feature it's just the way the update is done and ensures it's done properly.

Ask a Question