Realtek AC'97 Audio Code 10

Reaction score
My computer is an HP Pavilion a110.uk which has a Realtek AC'97 sound chip on the motherboard. It worked fine in XP, but when I try to use it in Windows 7 I get an error saying:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The drivers are the latest ones from the HP website, so I don't know what else I can try.

Is there anything else I can do, or do I need a new computer to make it work with Windows 7?

Reaction score
Did you try removing the drivers from device manager and run Windows Update to see if it finds them? Some of the other guys on the forum got it working by doing that.

BTW, your avatar makes me hungry!

Reaction score
Did you try removing the drivers from device manager and run Windows Update to see if it finds them? Some of the other guys on the forum got it working by doing that.
Tried that one already, but no luck. It seems people on other forums are having similar problems to me :(.

I tried that link but couldn't get it to load for me, it seems the realtek site is down at the moment but I will try again tomorrow. :) Thank you Geoffers !

Ask a Question