SOLVED RAM wont boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys! BEEN A FREAKING LONG TIME, apologies.

So I'm starting the upgrade cycle again, got myself 4x 4GB Corsair Dominator sticks. Cleaned out the pc, stuck em in. Boom, no boot. No post, no bios.

With 2 sticks in, it boots perfectly fine and that's how I'm writing this thread now. But I've no idea what the problem is with 4 sticks in.

SPEC LIST:
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2
HiS ATI Radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 512MB x2 XFIRE
NXZT HALE90 1000w
Those are the specs I believe will be a factor with the RAM being a douche.

Any help, much appreciated :)

--

EDIT: through the power of science, and general troubleshooting, I narrowed down the issue to being one of the RAM sticks being faulty. RMA, etc etc. Case closed. For now.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Glad you got it all figured out!

Even though Corsair is one of the top RAM suppliers they do have issues every so often. So does G.Skill.

One brand I recommend with no qualms is Mushkin Enhanced RAM. I have never had a bad stick of RAM from them, neither has anyone I know of had any issues either. ALL of their RAM is hand-tested prior to packaging and shipping. Another excellent brand is Samsung, one reason is because they make the RAM themselves.

Reaction score
I'm not entirely mad for the fault, it happens, and to be able to double up for now is already an increase. So it's alright haha.

Off topic, and I suppose this might get edited and into its own thread, but I was wondering wether or not it was possible to mod mobos, with USB3 ports? My initial guess is no, but there's no harm in asking...

Reaction score
Off topic, and I suppose this might get edited and into its own thread, but I was wondering wether or not it was possible to mod mobos, with USB3 ports? My initial guess is no, but there's no harm in asking...
No way, USB 3.0 uses two chipsets. One for USB 2.0 and another for USB 3.0. There is also additional pins within the connector. The connector could be changed out but without the additional chipset to drive the connector, it would be useless.

Your best bet would be to purchase a motherboard with USB 3.0 or a USB 3.0 addin card.

Reaction score
No way, USB 3.0 uses two chipsets. One for USB 2.0 and another for USB 3.0. There is also additional pins within the connector. The connector could be changed out but without the additional chipset to drive the connector, it would be useless.

Your best bet would be to purchase a motherboard with USB 3.0 or a USB 3.0 addin card.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question