SOLVED Program running on Win7 but wont appear on screen

Reaction score
I have a weird problem running Adobe GoLive CS2 (version 8) on Windows 7 - the program runs but won’t appear on screen. I don't get this issue with any other program and until this happened a few days ago the program worked fine on Windows 7. GoLive hasn’t been updated for some time but Windows 7 has….

When GoLive is started, the 'title box/splash panel' with logo and version number etc appears on screen, it shows it’s loading up various components and the icon appears on the taskbar, but no program appears on screen. It doesn't matter how many times I click on this, it wont appear on screen. If I hit Alt-Ctrl-Del and bring up Task Manager I can see it's running in the Applications tab and I can also see it's process running on the processes tab too.

I thought maybe it had gone 'off screen' so I used all the Windows 7 tips on how to bring progs back on screen but nothing works, so I don’t think it’s this.

Interestingly, when I hover over it's icon on the taskbar, and hold shift whilst clicking it to try to bring up the old-style maximise and minimise options, nothing appears - although this works with every other application.

I use two screens, so I tried changing the display to use just one - makes no difference.

I then uninstalled GoLive, rebooted and installed it again - makes no difference. I installed GoLive on a Win XP machine and it works fine.

What can I do to find out what’s going on?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Known compatibility issues, Compatibility center says Adobe will give you a free upgrade. Looks to me like it's just a patch to the help files - have you applied this?

Reaction score
I've managed to solve the problem using a free util prog called WinSplit Revolution - this worked instantly to bring the prog back on screen even though all the other methods of doing this in W7 achieved nothing. However, thanks for this info re the update - I hadn't seen it and it looks interesting.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So it was there; it was just off screen. Glad you got it worded out; I'm going to mark this a solved but if you need to reopen it again you can change the status with the thread tools at the top right of the first post.

Reaction score
Yes, but what's interesting is that all the standard Windows 7 techniques failed to get it back on screen - possibly because Adobe GoLive is such a s##t piece of software (and not just because it's now discontinued, it always has been) but I'm surprised Windows 7 couldn't sort it.

Reaction score
Yes I did try it, but that XP-style menu wouldn't appear for the GoLive program, although it did for all the other applications running.

Ask a Question