Punkbuster Windows 7 Error

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem getting Punkbuster enabled games to work online?

I get kicked from any game I try that uses this, and it looks like others are having the same problem too :(

Reaction score
i havent had this problem, with COD4 at least...
try manually updating your pb via pb website, they have a downloadable program that updates every game that uses pb. hope that helps

Reaction score
gamespy comrade is not workin in win 7 , dont know about punkbuster thou

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That link doesn't seem to work Schuyler, was this the one you meant?:

http://www.petitiononline.com/win7pb/petition.html

Have the fixes mentioned above not solved your problem? Once Windows 7 is at RC stage I'm sure punkbuster will be working to fix this problem, as they will need to be ready for launch.

Reaction score
sorry Ian, I sent it anyway, had 3000 signatures, and they denied support the beta AND RC. THey said it will be supported only when it is official, which pisses me off =/ I don't want to wait that long lol.

Reaction score
Good luck with the petition, have you heard anything back from them yet?

Reaction score
So BIG day is here. Do anyone still have Punkbuster issues or is this problem solved by Evenbalance.com?

Reaction score
Cut and paste from our et forum at noobcity--

this is for ET but procedure should be same for other PB medded up games.----

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just played et for OVER an hour with NO pb problems.

uninstalled pb using their program [pbsvc] located here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

I then did a fresh PB install using same pbsvc-

64 bit systems like mine- install/uninstall PB using PBSVC- then find and copy PB files in C:\windows\syswow64 and add them to the c:\windows\system32 folder. (You can find them alphabetically, first three are PNK) (NOT PUN)(K)

I also made them compatible for vista and 'run as administrator' box checked.

Very happy as vista has crashed and I just want to overwrite it after my upgrade w7 disc gets here. (newegg shipping the 22nd) (yay)

It got here:)

Reaction score
Punkbuster Fix for windows 7

I took it out of my directory for COD4, then reinstalled it, no problems! I was playing all night lastnight!!! Delete subfolder that says PB in COD4 directory, if it is in your programs file uninstall it! Then go and reinstall off of they're site! Reinstall it and then you should be good to go!

Ask a Question