Programs Cannot Access Internet

Reaction score
I installed Windows 7 on my 64 bit HP machine as an upgrade vs clean install- computer came with Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7 prior to loading programs on it. Norton Internet Security, itunes, Adobe Lightroom, TomTom Home cannot access their servers for updates etc. I can access internet via IE and get Windows updates via the internet. I tried disabling the Windows firewall, allowing prpgorams access to internet via firewall, tried adv setting in firewall. Nothing worked.
Any suggestions?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have any antivirus/security software running which may block access to the net on a per-application basis?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a fix or not. If you would have done a clean install, perhaps you would not be having this problem. Most folks are experiencing some issues, which vary, when doing the upgrade versus a clean install.

I know its a pain in the patootie to do a clean install, but your OS will run so much better and snappier.

Reaction score
beyond being a pain...

Doing a complete install has other issues...if you only have an upgrade version of the software...what are you to do?

Reaction score
If you have the Bonjour service running, disable it.

Reaction score
If you have the Bonjour service running, disable it.
Bonjour is bundled with Itunes. If you decide to uninstall Bonjour and find that Itunes is missing functionality that you need. You can always reinstall Itunes. This will place Bonjour back on the computer.

Ask a Question