program running in diffrent resolution

Reaction score
hi
I running some old program that mad from access (1998) vba
any way when i run the program from administration user it run fine
but....
when i run it from diffrent user - the resolution change and everything become large (buttons and text) ,
i must say that user and administrator run under the same resolution
user run the program as administrator

someone know how to resolve this ??

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi win7x

You may need to change display settings for each user Control panel > All Control Panel Items > Display.

Reaction score
Just right click the file, properties, click compatibility and then advanced i think it was and then check run as administrator. This is IF your account is an administrative account.

I would run you through it but I am at work and on a iMac!!! =)

Reaction score
thanks but as i wrote "user run the program as administrator"
btw i also running the program where the properties in compatibility NOT sight as 640X480, its in the same resolution as the entire enviorment

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand you fully. The program was likely written requiring it to run with administrative privileges so this must be enabled for it to work properly under a modern OS. Right-click the exe and make sure the program is configured to always run with admin privileges regardless of the user running it. If you were having other problems with it you can try running it in Windows 98 compatibility mode to see if that helps anything.

Reaction score
thanks for all reply , it seems that i didnt make myself clear

the program run ok and function well
the problem is with the resolution
when i run it in ADMINISTRATOR USER (log as administrator) it runs ok the resolution dosent change
when i run it with diffrent user (log as "user1"), in the program properties compabilty mode set run always as administrator , the 640X480 not checked , compabliyity to run win 98

the regular user (user1) the resolution changed to 640X480 by it self

Ask a Question