Problems with network card after reboot

Reaction score
I have a wired problem,
every time i'm doing a restart to my computer i see on the network icon next to the clock a yellow triangle that indicate on a problem.
when i open it i see "no network..."
in order to fix it i need to DISABLE & ENABLE my network card and after this step the connection is back & i have internet.
Someone know why i have this problem & how to fix it for good?

Thanks,
Pinto.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be that you need some better drivers for your network card - which model have you got?

Reaction score
It could be that you need some better drivers for your network card - which model have you got?
This is my network card:
Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller(NDIS6.20)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows Update should have the drivers for that card, is that where it came from originally? You can uninstall the driver and let it find it again via Windows Update if it's not.

Is this in an Asus Eee PC out of interest?

The latest drivers direct from Atheros are on this page, which you can also try:
http://partner.atheros.com/Download.aspx?id=91

Reaction score
ASUS Mother Bord P5
Intel core 2 duo cpu E7200 2.53 GHz

And the driver came with the new installation of the windows....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know the full motherboard name, as the P5 is just a series - it will be something like the P5B, P5K etc...

Reaction score
Do you know the full motherboard name, as the P5 is just a series - it will be something like the P5B, P5K etc...
It's P5Q PRO.
Also thank you very much for the link,
i have update the driver & did a restart & it's working great now....:D

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Glad Ian got it fixed for ya!

I don't trust Windows Update for drivers. Windows 7 RC claimed to have an updated LAN driver, so I installed it and rebooted. Next thing I know the LAN doesn't work at all and I had to manually uninstall the drivers to get the ethernet working again... Just goes to show your best bet is to only use drivers directly from the manufacturer or the motherboard maker. :)

Reaction score
I agree with Kougar.... sometimes Windows Update isnt good for ya! I had the same problem as Kougar with a LAN driver from WU... I got tired of having to manually install it all the time and the Realtek driver was just as dodgy with 7. I installed a old D-link network pci card (had to be at least 7 yrs old) and the driver installed with now issues and works great.

Reaction score
I think that the problem is still on here....
i went to sleep & i think that the windows did un update & restart,
when i woke up i saw that there is no network & again i did DISABLE & ENABLE to my network card....
is there another option?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Is this a wired or wireless network card? If it's wireless it may just be dropping the signal, either due to poor reception or interference.

Ask a Question