Problems with Bluetooth

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using windows 7 build 7100. I don't know much about how bluetooth works, but i have a bluetooth keyboard that i want to use. A bluetooth usb dongle came with the keyboard, and when i plugged it in, windows automatically installed the device, and it worked fine. But there were some features on the keyboard that didn't work properly, so i downloaded the keyboard manufactor's own bluetooth software, but this was even worse, so i wanted to uninstall it and use the bluetooth software that windows automatically installed when i first plugged in the usb dongle.

But now I'm having problems. I uninstalled the keyboard manufactor's bluetooth software, but when i now plug in the usb dongle, the bluetooth icon appears in the system tray like normal, but it's not working. When i click it and choose "add device" or "open settings" etc, nothing happens. And i can't connect with my keyboard.

So i was wondering, is there any way to clean all bluetooth software and settings that is installed atm, and reinstall it? I've searched around a bit, but can't find any.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I now found bluetooth in device manager, and succesfully uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it's still not working. This is weird, as it worked fine at the start. Before i tried out that other bluetooth software.

Edit 2: If i right click the bluetooth icon, the different tabs don't work, nothing happen when i press them, except for "add device", that one opens. But it won't find anything. I can't find either my cell phone, or my keyboard, so it's not the keyboard that's not working.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try using system restore to roll back your system to before you installed the 3rd party bluetooth software. Which keyboard do you have out of interest, and I'll see if there's a way to get it fully working with Windows 7? :)

Reaction score
Oh I hope theres some other way of fixing it. I have a Keysonic ACK-540 BT mini keyboard, but i think it's the bluetooth controller that there's something wrong with, since it's no longer finding my cell phone either, which it used to do when everything worked good. The bluetooth dongle is a Keysonic KSR-10 BT SuperMini.

Ask a Question