Problems installing Windows 7 RTM

Reaction score
Hi,
I´m new at this forum, and my English isn´t very good.
Well. I tried to install Windows 7 build 7600 x64, but I really have a problem.
In one partition I have Windows Vista x32 English, and in an other partition I tried to install Windows 7 7600 RTM x64 English.
The installation was perfect, but with one problem.
After installing, I didn´t type any Serial number.
Than, I put my name as administrator, but I didn´t use any password, because I´m the only user of this Computer, and I like a quick login. But after all confirmed, opened a new window to put my login name and password. o, I put only me name because on installation I didn´t type any password. But I receive the message, that my login or password are incorrect.
I tried a new clean install, but this time using password. Now, my name is displayed on the login page, but typing my password it says that is is incorrect.
I ttried three other times to install W7 and used 3 diferent ISO, but nothing. It is still the same error.
Can someone help me?
thanks

Reaction score
Use a different user name. Do not use "Administrator."

Reaction score
I don´t use the name "ADMINISTRATOR".
I´m the only user of this PC.

During the installation, when I don´t type the username and password, I will use the quick login witout the display of the username.
But it shows the display without my name. So, I have to type my name and password.
And it shows, that my username or password are wrong. But I didn´t use any when I installed the OS.
So, I tried a fresh install and this time, I typed the username and password.
This time, the display appeared with my name, but the password is wrong.How can this happen?

Is it possible that I can´t use my Windows Vista x86 with the Windows 7 x64 ?
May be any conflict with diferent bits software?
thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, as in your first post you say:

Than, I put my name as administrator, but I didn´t use any password, because I´m the only user of this Computer, and I like a quick login.

Reaction score
I´m the only user of the Computer.
So, After the installation finishe, I need to type a users name and a computer name.
I did this.
But I didn´t use any password, but trying to make the login, I need to type user name and password, but I don´t have any password, only the user name.
Exist the possibility, that my W7 x64 doesn´t work, because my Windows Vista is x86 ?
Both are on the same Hard Drive in diferent partitions.
I read, that only same bits (x86) or (x64) can work on the same HD.
Is it true?

Reaction score
I am also confused.

When I install, I don't put in a password.

I don't ever need to log in.

Reaction score
Yes. After installing Windows 7, I don´t put any password.
This is my problem.
Without any password, W7 displays the login window, where I need to put my username and password.
But it says, that the password is wrong. How can it be wrong, if I don't use any...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd suggest just installing it again, as if you haven't been able to log in yet it won't make any difference if you do a fresh install.

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.
But I still tried 5 fresh installs.
I also used another HD, but I have still the same problem in not to log in.

Reaction score
This is plain and simple: You're doing something wrong. This behavior is not some unique bug that you've discovered in Windows. You're either using the wrong user name, or you're setting a password and not realizing it.

Follow my instructions carefully:

STEP 1 -- ENTERING A USER NAME:
Enter the user name you want to use to log into the computer in the TOP BOX on this screen. Again, this is your user name. Do not use "administrator."

STEP 2 -- SETTING A PASSWORD:
If you do not want a password, do not enter anything at this screen. Just hit next and go on to the next page.

Long story short
If Windows is telling you that you have an invalid password, it's because you set a password and you're giving the wrong one.

Reaction score
STEP 1 -- ENTERING A USER NAME:*
Enter the user name you want to use to log into the computer in the TOP BOX on this screen. Again, this is your user name. Do *not* use "administrator."

I DIDN´T USE "ADMINISTRATOR". I USED MY OWN NAME.

*STEP 2 -- SETTING A PASSWORD:*
If you do not want a password, *do not enter anything at this screen.* Just hit next and go on to the next page.

I DIDN´T USE ANY PASSWORD AND WENT TO THE NEXT PAGE.

*Long story short*
If Windows is telling you that you have an invalid password, it's because you set a password and you're giving the wrong one.

WINDOWS DISPLAYS THE LOGIN PAGE
WINDOWS IS TELLING ME THAT THE USERNAME OR PASSWORD IS WRONG.
IF I DIDN´T SET ANY PASSWORD, HOW THE LOGIN SCREEN SHOWS ME TO TYPE USER NAME AND PASSWORD ?
I TYPED ONLY MU USERNAME WITHOUT PASSWORD, AND THE SCREEN SAID TO ME THAT PASSWORD OR USERNAME IS WRONG...
THIS IS THE PROBLEM I´M TRYING TO EXPLAIN...
THANKS

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
STEP 1 -- ENTERING A USER NAME:*
Enter the user name you want to use to log into the computer in the TOP BOX on this screen. Again, this is your user name. Do *not* use "administrator."
In your first post you said "Than, I put my name as administrator"? This is where I am getting confused...

I really don't see how you are being told your password is incorrect if your followed the steps Thrax just posted. I would do another fresh install and follow those instructions, or perhaps even try adding a password that you do know.

Reaction score
Could it be the name was typed in as the username to login as admistrator

Is this what you was saying in the first post??

Reaction score
i intall w7 but the drivers for sky star 2 dose not work >also hp printer laser jet 2600n : and video card ( built in ) mother board intel d915gev>>> evry thing else is perfect

Ask a Question