problems after installing norton 360 v4

Reaction score
hi,
i've installed win7 on my pc and works great. but after installing win7 on my pc ,the device and printer section has been disappeared. so can't use any printer. I don't know the result because in my friend's pc (which has win7 too) there has been any problem after using norton 360.
please help me to solve.
thank you
julia

Reaction score
Boot to safe mode and use the tool found here to remove it:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Forget you ever had it or even know what it is and be happy. Boot to normal mode and install MSE.

You'll never get any better advice than that.

Reaction score
If this is a paid subscription and you want to continue using it, then check to see if that version is compatible with windows 7. There may be an updated version of Norton 360 for windows 7 on there website. Check there first for an update, if none, then uninstall it and then reinstall it. Most of us out here find that Norton is a very heavy, uses a lot of system resources, intrusive and quite frankly doesn't play nice with windows 7. That's why the recommendation to MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials), found here..... http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/. It's lite and very good, mind you it's not perfect but none are.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
hi,
i've installed win7 on my pc and works great. but after installing win7 on my pc ,the device and printer section has been disappeared. so can't use any printer. I don't know the result because in my friend's pc (which has win7 too) there has been any problem after using norton 360.
please help me to solve.
thank you
julia
So Julia, are you saying your friend's computer runs fine with Norton 360? It should not have wiped the Device & Printer section from the computer.

Have you tried a system restore yet? Did you try contacting Norton tech support?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Reaction score
First of all, are you sure you the norton program you have downloaded is a genuine? It may sound crazy but there are alot of bogus programs around that it's not impossible for someone to download fake security application that may interfere with other application like your printer driver. Because if you will think of it, installing norton 360 shouldn't have caused any problem to your printer.

Other than that, I'm thinking there might have been some error during the installation process. Try to remove the application and reinstall again. here's a guide on how to install norton 360 correctly on your computer. Make sure you follow the steps carefully. Sometimes, incorrectly installing/uninstalling programs can cause shared files (like DLLs) to be removed causing your other devices to malfunction. If it still doesn't solve the issue, just try to reinstall you printer software or contact the manufacturer for support.

Ask a Question