Problem with Directx 11

Reaction score
Hello ,
I have a strange problem with my windos7 .
windows 7 come with new directx11 .when i view movies and clips from internet like youtube in fulle resolution and when I open games which suppot directx11 the display driver crashes,the appearance of monitor show black ,sometimes it flashing into white and immediately return to black,it is occurred cause disabling of display driver and graphics card crashed .
IT is occured only in windows 7 and vista that support and have directx 11 .
i windows xp it not happen.
I dont know what the problem ,probably my graphic card defective (radeon hd 5870).
why it is may happen,what may cause it?
I want to discuss about it ...
Thanks to everybody who helps ...

Reaction score
about updating driver

The display driver from ATI amd site I updated .
But it didnt help ..

Reaction score
I know this is not helping your problem but there had been some discussions on Mac forums about symptoms as you describe.. There were some physical problems with some screens but also I think a graphic card issue. I think it was the same model as you say you have. Driver updates were tried with mixed results.

Mike

Reaction score
About Graphic card

I did the some test with Directx11 by programms as PCMARK.
On tests the Graphics and display driver didnt fail ,and it complete successfully.
But the games and movies on network failure system.
I though firstly about windows problem,problem with drivers and compatibilities example with games .Tests which I did , probably have in software all needed drivers to run .The Test run directx 11 well.

I think I have problem with drivers compatibilities between graphic card and windows .
maybe I have Directx 11 bad installation version that cannot recognize how to run good on my system and it fail.
The test`s have their drivers and compatibilities that probably differently.
How I can to check my graphic card about issue ,
There are tests to check ?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried to install a previous version of the driver? It may be only updated to Directx 10 but if that works then it could be the newest driver will not work with your card

Reaction score
installation previous driver

Have you tried to install a previous version of the driver? It may be only updated to Directx 10 but if that works then it could be the newest driver will not work with your card
I try to instal firsly the drivers from disk that i get with card with old version of driver but the display driver on disk was corrupted .
so i turned to amd ati drivers site and downloaded newest version off driver.
I will try to uninstal curent and instal older driver ,similar that on disk.
if it was the problem it is very absurdly why and how ati makes updates for group of cards that at least one of them will not support this .
i have the card 5870 and i download update for 58xx .
probably the driver for directx 11 dont maked properly for my card version in update.
i will try older and than tell how it influence and changed.
thank you for advice.

Ask a Question