Problem when installing something after latest win7 updates

Reaction score
I updated my system using the updates manager and after that everything goes wrong when i try to install a program. Installer freezes and while i can move the pointer it takes 1-2 minutes just to open the "start" menu. Sometimes i even have to reset the pc to be able to use it ... anyone having the same problems?
The updates where for net framework 4 or something and media center plus 3 other windows updates.
1. KB958488
2. KB982519
3. KB979900

NEver had any problems brfore installing the updates. Any thoughts?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not having the problem but here are the updates you listed:

1. KB958488 consists of Shared Components for Microsoft .NET Framework on Windows 7 and on Windows Server 2008 R2. This update addresses a set of issues of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
2. KB982519 Windows Application Compatibility Update is a software update that improves the compatibility experience in the following Microsoft Windows operating systems: Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
3. KB979900: update for the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2. This update disables the Web Browser ActiveX control (WebOC) when you run partial-trust Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) XAML browser applications in the Mozilla Firefox browser.

To check what an update is just replace the number at the end of this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979900

Ask a Question