Problem Installing AutoCAD 2014 LT - Installer fails.

Reaction score
I have been trying to install AutoCAD LT 2014 from DVD but the installer fails with the message "the autocad installer terminated due to an unexpected error".

The only way to close the program then is to use Task Manager to close the program as it is not responding.

The computer is running windows 7 Pro (64bit) with 6GByte memory and Intel i7 CPU.

I have tried installing on a laptop using Windows 7 Home and the installer ran OK to the next stage where I aborted the install as I don't really want to use it on a slow laptop, so it looks like the DVD is OK and the issue is with my main PC.

I have looked at the two error logs provided (using an online facillity for the .dmp file) but it is well beyond my understanding.

I note that there is a reference to an "Attempt to execute non-executable address" and also some other possible errors that give a FOLLOWUP_NAME: as MachineOwner, but there is no way I can identify what may be causing this problem.

I have never had any other program fail during installation like this.

The adsk_setup_minidump dump file and dmpusrinfo file are in the attached .zip file (2 files).

Any assistance would be appreciated as it is required for work.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Instead of letting the DVD autorun, try browsing the DVD with Windows Explorer, right-clicking on the installer executable, and selecting "Run as an Administrator".

Reaction score
Have tried their help service but getting nowhere.

Is it possible the error could be due to the computer having triple channel RAM ?

I had another program (An animated GIF creator) that would work perfectly on my laptop running Windows 7 Home which had dual channel RAM.

The same program would fail when I tried to load an image into it on my main computer with triple channel memory. The software supplier was unable to offer any help with this problem, so I just stopped using it on my main PC.

Some years later I tried a later version of the program and it works fine, so it looks like the problem was with the old version running on my triple channel memory computer.

So, this begs a question.

Could this be the reason the installer fails when attempting to load AutoCAD ?

And as a general question, has anyone else had issues with software running on triple channel memory computers ?

Maybe this should be on a separate thread ?

The computer uses an Intel i7 960 CPU (Bloomfield Core) with Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard and 6 Gbyte of triple Channel Memory.

Ask a Question