Problem re-installing windows 7 home premium

Reaction score
Hello, I recently decided to upgrade my 32-bit windows 7 to 64-bit. I made an iso and went to boot from disk for reinstall and it is telling me I do not have the drivers for my dvd-rom. It told me this after it had begun the setup process. I tried to find the links to the drivers to put on usb or disc but cannot find them. hp dvd-ram GH60L ata is my dvd-rom. This is driving me crazy. I went to find the same iso to put on a usb and now the links do not work. Also, when I tried to use the windows 7 usb dvd download tool to put it on usb instead, it told me my iso was invalid. Just re-installed windows a month ago after getting a new hard drive and didn't encounter any of these problems. Wish I would have paid attention to whether it was 32 or 64 bit at that time.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The Microsoft ISO links are functioning again. I suggest you get it while you can.

But not having your DVD driver will likely be an issue regardless of 32 or 64 bit. I suggest you go to HP and see if you can find the proper driver that way you can install it to use during the W7 Install.

Ask a Question