Power2go Version 6

Reaction score
This cyberlink product came pre installed on my computer when I bought it.
well cyberlink tricked me into uninstalling my version 6 and giving me 5.5 now I can't figure out how to re-install power2go 6 without re installing my whole entire system to the begging of time... I have already tried system restore with no such luck well it did work but when I tried to start the program it would just get stuck and do nothing. So does anyone know where the install is located on the computer. I did find the msi but it wanted the exe to install the setup files. It has to be on the computer some where I am on a ASUS K53E running windows 7 Premium.

Reaction score
if your manufacturer pre-installed it i doubt the installation executable is floating on your hard drive anymore. you could always email cyberlink and ask for a new serial (that is, if they legitimately "tricked" you; i'm not entirely sure how or why they would want to accomplish that, though).

Reaction score
You could also go to PC's manufacturers website and see if the software is available for download. With out system specs, it's hard to locate any thing for you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your key may still be available in your registry. You might install SIW (from our Freeware DB) and run it to see if the key is listed under licenses, I know my Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 still shows up in there.

If the key is available then all you really need is the installer. I found THIS which says it is for a free demo but if the key is there it may turn into a full-blown version; I don't know but might be worth trying.

And I like apathy's idea of simply explaining the situation to cyberlink and see if they can help. Since the current version is 8 they might not be too concerned about giving away an old version 6.

You might also consider alternatives like IMGBurn - links are available in our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question