Pinnacle Studio Upgrade with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought Pinnacle studio to use with my Windows xp and bought upgrades as and when they became available, however, I have not used Pinnacle for some time, and recently bought a new computer with Windows 7. I tried using my Pinnacle Studio discs to install on my new computer, but they are not compatible, it has been suggested that an upgrade to Pinnacle 12 or 14 should do the trick (I am on 10.8 at the moment) Question is... How can I upgrade to previously purchased Pinnacle on Windows 7 when I haven't been able to install previous Pinncle Studio software on it?
Many thanks in advance for any advice given

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Follow the instructions in this article.

Good luck. I use Pinnacle 12 and it works beautifully on my Win7 x64.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I haven't used this personally, since I just installed a full retail version. I've upgraded additional content without installing it before (like a bonus dvd of 10 to a Pinnacle 12 or something), which was a pretty straight-forward process.

Whether you can just use a downloaded version of 12 Upgrade to do this depends on whether the upgrade program insists on a PS12 disc or not. It certainly will insist on you having an original cd of the previous version. You can give it a try...it may work, but an actual disc is a safer bet.

Reaction score
Thanks Core, I'm have been using Studio Plus upgrade editions, would that make a difference then to purchasing a Studio 12 upgrade for Windows 7?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Thanks Core, I'm have been using Studio Plus upgrade editions, would that make a difference then to purchasing a Studio 12 upgrade for Windows 7?
I doubt it, but only Avid can tell you for sure. Since you've upgraded before, you must have a retail edition of some older release, so you can probably use that disc if the more recent upgrade discs don't work. But as I said, only Avid knows for sure, you could always ask them before you purchase.

Reaction score
Pinnacle Studio 12 Install on Windows 7

Have you tried installing your Pinnacle studio 12 in the Windows 7 Compatablity mode setting? Right click on the install file, and select properties ( Select compatabilty mode (XP Service Pack 3), and check mark (Run this program as an administrator). Once you have done that close the box and right click the install file again and click (run as administrator) This should work. If not then you may not have any other options that would make it work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Torvex, this post is almost 2 years old and the poster had version 10.8 which is problematic if even usable at all on W7.

I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question