photoshop cs4 graphic issue

Reaction score
hello !

i have problems with my photoshop CS4. When i open the programs it give me following message:

It direct me to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404898.html

There is not option for windows 7 but it suggest me to install newest Graphic drivers so i did it but still get that message. BTW i have ati radeon 1900 series.

Ofcourse i can skip that message and program seems to work but actually it doesn't like it used to be. When i open picture file and start working with it. After few operation image disappear and leave me blank window without viewable image.

For example i tried to use marquee tool and cut part of picture. During the action it end up like that:

if anyone else have had kind of problem or just know the solution i really appreciate helping me out.

Reaction score
If your using W7 then i suggest getting the Legacy 9.8 drivers for the Radeon X1900 series. Its available here :

64bit : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

32bit : http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

That should get your card working properly again. As for the PS problem, I use the program quite heavily and Ive never seen this sort of problem before. I assume you know what you doing in PS so I wont ask you do anything simple like check layers, etc. But see how the drivers work on it and get back to me.

Reaction score
But see how the drivers work on it and get back to me.
sorry for late replay.

well those drivers didn't solve the problem, i even reinstalled whole system but still nothing.

at the moment im using virtualXP machine for running photoshop and it works but only 10 times slower though.

so im still looking forward to solve problem

Reaction score
What W7 are you using? 64 or 32 bit? It might be an issue with the version since PS installs both 64 and 32 if your running a 64bit OS. Im still not quite sure whats going on, if the drivers didnt work then it has to be a software issue.

Reaction score
Thumbnails? Alas!

My problem is a bit different. I make multiple progressive saves as I work on a project and often go back to an earlier version ...

Win7 does not show THUMBNAILS of .psd's. I look back and have no idea which version I need. I could
1) use Bridge, but that is time consuming and not completely satisfactory anywho, and I could
2) use .tif's, but .tif's have a limit (I've heard) to the number of layers they will show.

My only thought at this point is AARRGGH!

Reaction score
My problem is a bit different. I make multiple progressive saves as I work on a project and often go back to an earlier version ...

Win7 does not show THUMBNAILS of .psd's. I look back and have no idea which version I need. I could
1) use Bridge, but that is time consuming and not completely satisfactory anywho, and I could
2) use .tif's, but .tif's have a limit (I've heard) to the number of layers they will show.

My only thought at this point is AARRGGH!
my own working method is to make jpg screenshots as i work. its a little more timeconsuming than just saving in PS but its quick and easy enough, and also lets you send/use the screenshots later on. also saving multiple versions of psd's is a little wasteful imo, try saving a little less and being a little more confident in your work, if your saving in the event that you might need to go back and redo work, use layers, its easier than saving hundreds of the same the image over and over.

as to the preview issue, i dont know of any solution, its just not something windows in general does. Macs DO show thumbnails, but macs are bags of crap.

Ask a Question