Photo uploading

Reaction score
In my previous computer I was running XP and I had an autoplay Windows app that would come up when I inserted a card from my camera. It showed thumbnails of each photo and allowed me to accept the ones that I wanted to load and select the location and titles. I really miss that in Win 7. Is there an app that does the same thing in Win 7?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless it is disabled, Windows has the autoplay feature which will display a window asking what to do when new media is installed; does this actually happen when you insert the cameras memory card? FAt that point the drive should have been assigned a drive letter and you can simply select open in windows explorer folders from that autoplay menu. Then in Windows Explorer set the view to "medium/large/extra-large icons" and the items should be displayed as thumbnails. At that point you drop and drag them to any folder on your harddrive or you can add the "copy to/move to" options to your context menu (the right-click menu) if you prefer that to drag/drop. Finally use windows explorer's rename function to give the file a name more meaningful.

BTW, technically that is not termed "uploading". Uploading would be sending the files across the internet to a website; what you are doing is a file transfer from one drive (the camera's memory card) to another drive (the computer's harddrive).

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
BTW, technically that is not termed "uploading". Uploading would be sending the files across the internet to a website; what you are doing is a file transfer from one drive (the camera's memory card) to another drive (the computer's harddrive).
Indeed, Mr. Trainable is right...and this we call importing. Class dismissed! ;)

Ask a Question