SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
Go to this page
<c_c snip>

Scroll down a bit and follow ALL the steps.

BTW The link that you were given is for a copy of Win7 with SP!. You download the file, use ImgBurn or PowerISO to burn the downloaded file to a DVD and boot from the disk to install Win7 with SP1. The main use for this would be to re-install Windows after you have successfully installed SP1.

Edited by clifford:
Honestly, why link to another Windows 7 forum when our own links are sufficient?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I DLed the ISO and burned it to a dish now im at the Windows install start and i keep getting a "No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media."

I took out the Windows disk as directed and then put in the disc with all the Drivers for my board, lan, GPU everything and i keep getting that message error.

Plz help thanks in advance

F

flashtimes

Activation Question

I used to have Vista Home Premium, I then upgraded to Win 7 Home Premium, then I upgraded to Win 7 Pro online.

Can I use my Win 7 Home upgrade Key to activate these downloads?

Thank you.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
flashtimes, To reinstall you need to download the W7 Home Premium version ISO and use your W7 Home Premium key, then you will have to reenter your anytime upgrade key to upgrade from H.P. to Pro.

Reaction score
Can't boot off of 'bootable' ISO

Hey all,

I have downloaded all of the bootable iso's listed (as well as those not listed as 'bootable' at the top) and cannot get any of them to work. I have tried on numerous computers with no luck. I have tried some of the dell disk's I have and all systems will boot from those no problem. I use ImgBurn to burn the iso's onto Verbatim DVD-R's. Is there something I'm missing

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Three possibilities:
- the ISO was damaged on download
- when you burned it, it burned as a single file instead of an image. Do you see multiple files on the burned DVD?
- you don't have the computer set to the proper boot order. It must be set up so the DVD is tried first, before it tries the hard drive

Reaction score
I'm burning a new copy now as I threw the last one out. I'll reply here once it's done and let you know. I have to say that I doubt the file was corrupted during download because I downloaded ALL of the iso's and none work. Also, I have the boot order set to boot from the DVD drive and then the HDD. As I mentioned, I can use dell disks (which contain the OS I do NOT need, of course) to boot just fine.

Reaction score
wierd,,, u downlaod all files there is like 10 dvd and no copy is good ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When you burn the DVD use a slow speed like 3X and check the box for it to verify.

When you finish burning the DVD, if it doesn't work, take a screenshot showing a directory listing of the DVD root (main folder) and post it here please.

Reaction score
Ok, I did as instructed but when the program first completes before the verify stage, the tray on my laptop pops open and I get the message saying "this is normal for slimline laptops...." and to push it back in and hit "OK". When I do so, I get the error message "Verify Failed! Reason: Layouts do not match"....sigh

thanks for your help with this so far by the way. I really do appreciate your patience

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then something isn't burning properly if the verify fails.

Reaction score
Ok, am I safe to assume that you have no further recommendations? What I've written is as truthful as I can get. Thanks anyway

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can only say I have never had an issue burning one at low speeds with IMGBurn. I'm not sure what is going on. When you click on the ISO file it should automatically open in IMGBurn and be properly set up so all you have to do is set the burn speed, check the "verify" box, and burn the image to DVD.

If you have an empty 4GB flash drive you could use the USB/DVD Download tool and make a bootable flash drive instead of a DVD.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I figured it out. I uninstalled ImgBurn and reinstalled and everything worked perfectly. Must have had some corrupt files giving me the weird problems or something. Thanks for your help

Reaction score
One of these is not DL-ing properly now (for me, at least). When trying to get the Win7 Pro x64 .iso, it would stop at 2GB instead of the full 3.1GB. Not sure why, but then, I am using Chrome browser...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
With files this large it is a good idea to use a download manager so you can resume if the download stops.

Reaction score
idiots

I downloaded a 64 bit iso. Installed it. Looked at system status. Says 32 bits. What's the problem?

I looked at the files in the iso and it says the iso is 32 bit, not 64. You idiots have linked the wrong files - the 64 link gives an iso with 32.

Look at autorun.inf and if there are two options (amd64 and x86) it's the 64bits version. But what I downloaded from you has only 1 option.

So, I need to download and start all over again.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I downloaded a 64 bit iso. Installed it. Looked at system status. Says 32 bits. What's the problem?

I looked at the files in the iso and it says the iso is 32 bit, not 64. You idiots have linked the wrong files - the 64 link gives an iso with 32.

Look at autorun.inf and if there are two options (amd64 and x86) it's the 64bits version. But what I downloaded from you has only 1 option.

So, I need to download and start all over again.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Idiots.
Please explain how you are SURE that you just didn't click the wrong link, or opened the wrong file?

On topic: Thanks for these ISOs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question