SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes you can upgrade from Vista Home Premium but it will expire in 60 days unless you buy a valid Windows 7 product key. Also, unless you upgrade to W7 Home Premium with the exact same bit OS (32 or 64) as your Vista then you will need to do what is called a custom install which means you back up all your data before installing W7 & you have to reinstall all your software and restore your data after W7 is installed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will this run on virtualbox on mac?
Stupid school computers are running mac and they decided to use XP as the windows alternative!!!!!
:(
yEA...

Reaction score
Best of all

Sr,
I am new here by this fórum, i have tried from other so many times to download IOS, i think i have burned about 20 DVD and always the same problema by instaling, always error code: 0x80070017, so i was about to take my laptop to repair somewhere till i found finally this fórum, so i downloaded your link for Windows 7 profesional ( spanich versión) burned the DVD and installed on my computer succefully, so thank you very much, you are the best.
i would like to know if you have the download links for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits ( spanich versión) or others versión of Windows 32 and 64 bits but always spanish language.
thank you very much once again, and really will wait an answer from you.

thank you...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We do not have Ultimate in foreign languages but if you edit the Professional version's ISO and remove ei.cfg before you burn it then it becomes "all versions". See >>HERE<<.

Reaction score
We do not have Ultimate in foreign languages but if you edit the Professional version's ISO and remove ei.cfg before you burn it then it becomes "all versions". See >>HERE<<.
I first had a dutch genuine windows 7 home premium 64 bit on my laptop and I've downloaded the correct file from the list in the OP, but in English as there is no dutch available.

After a couple of days I get a message that my product key is not correct. Does trick with removing ei.cfg also resolve this ?

Or do I really need to find a dutch home premium version ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your product key is W7 version dependent not bit-size or language dependent. Removing ei.cfg will do nothing to change whether your key is valid or not. If your activation is failing then verify you typed in the key properly.

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to take the time to thank you all so very much for these links. As of September 19th 2012 my wife and I suffered a house fire loosing every thing we owned, including 15,000.00 in software programs that i my never be able to afford again. except for the few key codes I had stored on an old drive i gave my mom that I had forgotten about. But any way thanks so mush now I can reformat this broken down hunk and revitalize it. your forum was a site for very sore eyes Thank you

Reaction score
Hello

Will the ISO's above let me clean install from win7 32bit to win 7 64 bit? And using my current product code
i was here before asking about a problem installing sp1
somehow i dl'd and burned x17-24208.iso,but was told i'd have to wipe my c drive and reinstall all programs.being somewhat inept techwise i just didn't want to go through all that.instead i ordered and got an actual cd of sp1 from microsoft,but it still wouldn't install.i figured i'd just ignore it.
but,daily slowdowns and crashes lead me to think i've got to reinstall win 7.
wanting to save programs i bought and emails and bookmarks, i read somewhere to back up c drive as an iso file.
when i bought win 7 the first week it came out i got home premium upgrade,with a 32 and 64 bit discs
having a 64 bit system i thought i'd use that,but when i went to install it said i don't have a 64 bit version of xp and i needed to spend another hundred bucks.
being annoyed i just installed the 32 bit version
now i just watched a microsoft video of how to backup c drive as an iso,but the voice said 'keep it in a safe fireproof vault'
was that a joke?
can i do an iso backup and put it on my second partition I drive ( i have a 70 gig c and a 227 gig i 'storage' drive? and then reinstall them?
if i were to get the x1724209 64 bit would microsoft ask me for more $$ right in the middle of doing it?
and if not and i did the 64 bit version what would happen with all my 32 bit programs and files?
thanks

EDIT: system info in case needed
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name NNICC-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-MA74GM-S2
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F1, 4/17/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name nnicc-PC\nnicc
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.28 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.10 GB
Page File Space 3.25 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First off, to switch from 32 to 64 or visa versa doesn't cost more money so I think you misunderstood something there; but what it does require is a custom install which means all programs must be reinstalled afterwords. Now what does cost money is if you have a key for one version, for example Home Premium, and you try to install Professional or Ultimate instead, or visa versa, so be sure to download the same version you own a key for.

It is best to back up your data to an external or physically separate internal drive rather than a secondary partition on the same physical drive. And you wouldn't normally create an ISO; better to create a MIG which is the file extension created by Windows Easy Transfer (built-in to W7).. After you install the 64-bit W7, then you run Windows Easy Transfer again and restore the data from your MIG file.

NOTE for other reading: Windows Easy Transfer works going from 32 to 64-bit but WET cannot be used to go from 64 to 32-bit

Reaction score
thanks

after reading a lot of stuff all day i decided to get an external HD and back everything up on all drives.
as for the 32/64 bit thing perhaps i didn't do a clean install from 32 bit xp so maybe that's why it asked for an additional $90
i'll dl the 64 bit xl thing and try that first
then again,i did buy a couple powerball tickets today so i have a 175mil to 1 chance to just buy a whole new rig and pay a pro to set it up

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From XP to W7 is always what Microsoft terms a "custom" install, regardless of whether you go to 32 or 64 bit. Going from W7 32 to W7 64 also requires a custom install. This means all software programs must be reinstalled.

32-bit programs usually work perfectly fine in a 64-bit environment; what will not work is very old 16-bit programs. As for data, data is neither 32 nor 64-bit, data is just data and is independent of the OS bit-size.

If you bought replacement media from Microsoft, just the DVDs rather than actual upgrade DVDs w/ product key, then you do need a product key and yeah that would cost money but I think this would be a highly unusual situation. So I don't know what the $90 is for but if you see it again snap a picture and attach it.

If you win powerball let us know, some of us here may be distant relatives that need money :p

Reaction score
When i remove the ei.cfg file with http://code.kliu.org/misc/winisoutils/ I get this error
"The application or DLL \Sources\SPWIZENG.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." I Click 'ok' then get "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xC1]"
When I replace the ei.cfg it works??

I have burned at diferent speeds and on 2 different programs

Last edited:
Reaction score
thnx

When i remove the ei.cfg file I get this error When I replace it it works??

I have burned at diferent speeds and on 2 different programs

Edit
Is it legal to remove it?
thanks
just to update my situation,i bought an external,backed up everything except 'windows',which took 2 days
i dl'd a couple disc erase programs,hd erase and dban,burned the isos to disc figuring a totally clean install was best
got up an hour early this am,extra coffee,and went to work
both 'erase' programs loaded,i think,but were in 'boot from floppy' mode
on both programs the down arrow would not work so i could not get them running
tried booting from f12,wouldn't work
got into safe mode through msconfig,boot from cd because f8 won't do it
discs still wouldn't load
called my tech friend,2500 miles away,he said forget wiping drive,just reinstall win7 from the iso discs i burned ( x1724208.iso) 3 copies,each burned with a different program
nothing worked,optical drive lights blinking but nothing would load
after 4+ hours of this i gave up,as my frustration level was reaching the point i might smash something
my friend will be back in a month,so until then i guess i just have to put up with 'not responding' seizures that happen several times a day and last about an hour
i appreciate all the help you folks have given

Reaction score
If you boot PC with old system and insert a new DVD, does the autostart starts the installation? Ok, you can not do the installation this way, but at least you will see if the DVD is (half) ok. You can't check boot part this way. Are you sure you have CD/DVD boot enabled in BIOS?
Personally I prefer making USB key for installation. Much easier ... You just need a machine with W7 already installed ... and Microsoft USB Windows 7 tool ...

I almost forgot ... there can be another catch later ... Before you install W7 you need to make sure you have drivers for your network card for W7. W7 may not have drivers for your network card. You may end with running W7 but no network/internet connectivity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you boot PC with old system and insert a new DVD, does the autostart starts the installation? Ok, you can not do the installation this way, but at least you will see if the DVD is (half) ok. You can't check boot part this way. Are you sure you have CD/DVD boot enabled in BIOS?
Personally I prefer making USB key for installation. Much easier ... You just need a machine with W7 already installed ... and Microsoft USB Windows 7 tool ...

I almost forgot ... there can be another catch later ... Before you install W7 you need to make sure you have drivers for your network card for W7. W7 may not have drivers for your network card. You may end with running W7 but no network/internet connectivity.
I am not installing it on my computer. I did not boot with it just clicked on exe on the dvd. The one with the ei,cfg opens a windows window as in pic, the one with the cfg file removed gives th error
Personally I prefer making USB key for installation. Much easier ... You just need a machine with W7 already installed ... and Microsoft USB Windows 7 tool
You put the iso on the thumb drive and run the tool from the pc or the thumb drive?

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
figuring a totally clean install was best
got up an hour early this am,extra coffee,and went to work
both 'erase' programs loaded,i think,but were in 'boot from floppy' mode
on both programs the down arrow would not work so i could not get them running
tried booting from f12,wouldn't work
got into safe mode through msconfig,boot from cd because f8 won't do it
discs still wouldn't load
You don't run disc erase programs, all you do is FORMAT the drive and poof it's clean. If you have multiple partitions I would drop all those and create a single large partition and then format that, but that's a personal choice.
called my tech friend,2500 miles away,he said forget wiping drive,just reinstall win7 from the iso discs i burned ( x1724208.iso) 3 copies,each burned with a different program
nothing worked,optical drive lights blinking but nothing would load
after 4+ hours of this i gave up,as my frustration level was reaching the point i might smash something
my friend will be back in a month,so until then i guess i just have to put up with 'not responding' seizures that happen several times a day and last about an hour
i appreciate all the help you folks have given
When you look at the burned W7 DVD, if it only has a single file on it with .ISO extension then it was not burned properly. It must be burned with a program that understands an ISO is a disk image and burns a BOOTABLE W7 DVD with 100s of folders & files.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I tried removing the ei.cfg with PowerISO and get the same error I opened the file and autorun.dll is there. Can anyone help with this?
It is possible your ISO got corrupted, either in the download or by that winisoutil you used. I suggest you download the ISO again.

NOTE to nnic: yes it is legal to remove ei.cfg, it is a method to get an "any version" W7 Installation DVD. See the thread HERE. All that really matters is that you install the version for which you own a product key.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Based on what you wrote, you never booted to it, so it is hard to say what files would be accessed and when. So yes, depending on what was being attempted, some things might work.

Ask a Question