SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I downloaded a 64 bit iso. Installed it. Looked at system status. Says 32 bits. What's the problem?
Since none of our links are in Kazakh you need to specify exactly what file you downloaded. Please specify the ISO filename you have.

And just to be clear, when Microsoft lists x86 it means 32-bit, x64 is for the 64-bit.

Also, if you wish to be a member here then you will be more respectful of others. In other words, don't call people idiots again or you will be banned.

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Hi guys!

I'm new here, and new to this kind of things.
mind if you help me?

Like I said I'm new to there things, and this might be a stupid question.

Can I install the windows 7 ultimate 64bit (which can be downloaded from the link given at the start) to a newly built computer? :)

thanks in advance. :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes you can, but without a key it only works as a demo so in 60 days (or is it 30 days?) it is rendered unusable until you buy a key.

Reaction score
Wow, really fast response there. hehe. :D

Well I have some keys from other source or something. Good luck to me. XD

I really appreciate your response though. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As long as your key is for Ultimate, is not an OEM license that was installed on another machine, and is not a regular license that is already installed on another computer then that would be legal.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Generally yes ... with one legal exception, if it is a full retail license key (not OEM, not upgrade) then technically it could have been used before but can be reused as long as that old computer is no longer using it (destroyed, hard drive erased, or had another OS installed).

Reaction score
Ah, well if nothing works, can I use a loader or something that makes the OS trial version?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you want a trial version, just don't enter a key.

Loaders are used to illegally pirate the OS and we strongly discourage this behavior at w7forums.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
For most countries, yes you can buy it directly from Microsoft, but I don't know in your country.

Plus, in the USA, I know I can buy the DVDs with a license much cheaper from a physical store or legitimate online retailer much cheaper than I can simply buy a key directly from Microsoft.

Reaction score
well ill hope for the best, thanks for the help. :)
the dvd here is just to high ya' know. haha. XD

Reaction score
I can't download the ISO.

I can't download any ISO. I get the error:
C:\Users\james\Downloads\X17-24208.iso.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Other times I try again, and I will get 2 icons to download, but they are very small.
One is: X17-24208.iso disc image file 0kb
The other is: X17-24208.iso.part PART file 288kb

Is this normal? Or is the server not working at the moment? Thanks, my first post.

UPDATE: The above was happening in Firefox(which occasionally acts stupid), so I tried IE, and It is downloading fine now.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
These are huge files. It is recommended that you use a download manager so that if connection is lost you can resume the download.

Reaction score
Windows 8 OEM

Hi,

Is there any way I can download Windows 8 OEM GGK original ISO?
The original DVD that came with the PC is corrupted!

Thanks,

Andrei

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
mmg1818, for most computers either link will work fine. The Windows 7 SP1-U (Media Refresh version) includes the installation hotfix KB2534111, and nothing else; it solves a rare problem where W7 SP1 will not install on a few computers.

mvandrei, for Windows 8 try here but you do not need a Get Genuine Kit if your key is valid, you just need the Win8 ISO. I don't have a good answer for you so I suggest you ask on the Win8Forums

Reaction score
mmg1818, for most computers either link will work fine. The Windows 7 SP1-U (Media Refresh version) includes the installation hotfix KB2534111, and nothing else; it solves a rare problem where W7 SP1 will not install on a few computers.
i download version X17-24394.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 English w7forums.com

and i use this tutorial http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-integrate-internet-explorer-10-into-windows-7-dvd-using-dism/ and have error 0x80070570

now download version X17-59463.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 English U (media refresh) HeiDoc.net and use tutorial for IE10

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless you are planning to install on many computers I see no advantage to integrating IE10 into the W7 DVD. It takes only a matter of minutes to install the IE10 Windows Update.

Reaction score
Can I upgrade from vista home premium?

Can I use this to upgrade from vista?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question