SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it is like the European version then Microsoft just has to offer both so the customer has a choice but I am not familiar with the Korean version or your laws so I cannot say with absolute certainty.

Reaction score
Thanks Nibiru2012

Thank you so much for posting this. It's nice to finally have legit copies for OEM installs.

Are there also similar links also to Vista and 8?

Reaction score
I've got a problem installing Win7 SP1 on my comp. After many tries, it is still not installing. I have no installation disc but I have a product code number. I could feasibly use the option you are offering here, right? The question I have may be a stupid one, but I'm wondering if doing a re-install using a link provided here will interfere with other programs I have running on my comp. I use this comp for biofeedback.

Reaction score
I've got a problem installing Win7 SP1 on my comp. After many tries, it is still not installing. I have no installation disc but I have a product code number. I could feasibly use the option you are offering here, right? The question I have may be a stupid one, but I'm wondering if doing a re-install using a link provided here will interfere with other programs I have running on my comp. I use this comp for biofeedback.
I'm confused. You stated you are having installation issues, even mentioned trying a few times and then suggested you don't have an installation disk.

How is it you are trying when you don't have installation disk?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I still think you should answer Clifford's question but to answer your "I'm wondering if doing a re-install using a link provided here will interfere with other programs I have running on my comp" the answer is yes. It is a fresh install which means you must first back up all your data and settings (use Windows easy Transfer) to another hard drive and then after the install you must restore your data and completely reinstall all your programs.

NOTE: You can run a "repair install" from this DVD which is NOT destructive, but that is different from an "install" or "reinstall" and it is important you are clear what it is you are attempting/have attempted when you answer Clifford's question.

Hans, I'm not aware of any Vista or Win 8 links.

Reaction score
Well idk why i cant download it, when its like 50% it finisih and say its ok with the file, and other times says that a unknow error could sameone help me please, i have win 7 ult but i lost my CD, i want to try to bot it with my pen drive /:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi,

1. I have a question, whether it is a 100% working version?
2. Whether it was edited by someone before?
3. Do I need to have a pre-sp1 update the system?
4. Is this a windows 7 + sp1 or sp1 itself?

I'm sorry for my bad english.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
1.Yes, but if you don't have a valid activation code it will expire
2.Microsoft, these are the official digital downloads
3.Huh? This is all you need to install W7 SP1. On very rare occasions, I have heard that the install may tell you to first run the Windows Update Readiness Tool but, I would try the install first.
4.W7 with SP1 (not SP1 only)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having downloaded the file and burned the DVD, how do I purchase a product key? Preferably online. Going to Microsoft's site is no help.

Reaction score
hm u cant,,,
So, if I bought Win 7, box-set with 2 DVDs, installed, and then installed SP1 via automatic updates I can download the version with SP1 and use it for repairs, reinstall, etc.

But if I want to buy Win 7 I have to go to a shop and buy a box-set with 2 DVDs?

I suppose the cost of the DVDs is negligible compared to the cost of the licence.

Reaction score
So, if I bought Win 7, box-set with 2 DVDs, installed, and then installed SP1 via automatic updates I can download the version with SP1 and use it for repairs, reinstall, etc.

But if I want to buy Win 7 I have to go to a shop and buy a box-set with 2 DVDs?

I suppose the cost of the DVDs is negligible compared to the cost of the licence.
if u bought win 7 then u get licence code on cd and u can update normal :) why u woud bother downloading new win 7 cuz u already hv it on dvd ? :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Because Microsoft is selling Windows 8 now I'm not sure how it works any more. Time was, you could install and there would come a point it would force you to make it legal and then it would link you to Microsoft to buy a license. The problem was, it was always more than you could buy it in the store.

So, yes, they give away the software, it is the license that has the value.

NOTE: If your DVD does not include Service Pack 1 then this download is much more convenient if you have to reinstall.

Reaction score
NOTE: If your DVD does not include Service Pack 1 then this download is much more convenient if you have to reinstall.
Done so already.

As for buying license online being more expensive, it's a bit like Anytime Upgrade - only works in certain countries.

Reaction score
Done so already.

As for buying license online being more expensive, it's a bit like Anytime Upgrade - only works in certain countries.
problems is u cant buy online only licence ,,, u need to buy and dvd in this case ,,, i just call few ppl from microsoft and price of orginal win 7 is almost near price of new laptop

Reaction score
Because Microsoft is selling Windows 8 now I'm not sure how it works any more. Time was, you could install and there would come a point it would force you to make it legal and then it would link you to Microsoft to buy a license. The problem was, it was always more than you could buy it in the store.

yes :) they sell now win 8

Reaction score

feeling kinda stupid here,but..
i have a legal store bought win 7
ever since service pack 1 came out i've been unable to install it since my first attempt 10/11
error 8007371b
i read somewhere today that if it's not installed by april 9 microsoft will not give support
i went to micosoft support and gave some tech guy remote controll
he uninstalled my anti virus,turned off windows defender and a security app from my bank,trusteer rapport
he tried to install sp1,got the same error msg i always get and then just logged off
i started a chat with another tech,he wanted $99 to fix it,i balked at this so he gave me a link to x17-24208.iso,said dl and follow instructions
i did,but there were no instructions other than burn to dvd,which i did
i then went to the download spot and saw an 'extract here' option
hit that and a whole bunch of stuff appeared,but i don't know what to do with it
and my windows update still says i don't have sp1
any help will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
feeling kinda stupid here,but..
i have a legal store bought win 7
ever since service pack 1 came out i've been unable to install it since my first attempt 10/11
error 8007371b
i read somewhere today that if it's not installed by april 9 microsoft will not give support
i went to micosoft support and gave some tech guy remote controll
he uninstalled my anti virus,turned off windows defender and a security app from my bank,trusteer rapport
he tried to install sp1,got the same error msg i always get and then just logged off
i started a chat with another tech,he wanted $99 to fix it,i balked at this so he gave me a link to x17-24208.iso,said dl and follow instructions
i did,but there were no instructions other than burn to dvd,which i did
i then went to the download spot and saw an 'extract here' option
hit that and a whole bunch of stuff appeared,but i don't know what to do with it
and my windows update still says i don't have sp1
any help will be greatly appreciated
did u extraxt iso filo? u belive there is no need (hm)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is no need to extract it. Simply download and install IMGBurn. Then open the ISO file you downloaded with IMGBurn, install a blank DVD in your DVD-Rom, and tell IMGBurn to burn the W7 DVD. IMGBurn understands that the ISO is actually an archive of many files and it understands to burn the DVD as system bootable.

nnicc1, be sure you back up all your data and settings to an external drive. Also be sure you have your W7 product key because you will need it. Then reboot your system making sure the DVD is first in the boot order, format the hard drive (all programs/data will be lost), then install W7 SP1.

But before you go to the trouble of a reinstall, you might try the Microsoft Fix-it for Windows Update just to see if you can simply get it that way. There are also prerequisites so you may have to look at your hidden updates - maybe they are what is needed before SP1 can install ... How to install SP1.

Last edited:

Ask a Question