SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
Actually an OEM key should work as long as it is for the same version, for example if you have an OEM key for Home Premium then you must install Home Premium. Using an OEM key however means this installation is limited to the same restrictions as any OEM license: it gets no free support from Microsoft and it may not be put on any PC except the original.

The only issue I have heard of with an OEM license is if your computer is pre-activated using SLIC in the BIOS that this doesn't seem to work and you will have to actually type in that product key.

But I agree, it may be easier to attempt to repair your current installation than to perform a complete reinstall.
Okay. Thanx. I was not aware and sorry for the bad info.

Reaction score
Hi. I downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English but when I load it into UltraISO it says it is Vista V6.0 Build 6002.

Ignore this. UltraISO was very confusing, It was showing me what the current operating system was.

Last edited:
Reaction score
[MOD EDIT] removed quote of the entire original post

I'm preety sure these are illegal. Plus where do we buy windows 7 licence??? If these are legal, you should download iso from microsoft and buy product key after downloading1!1

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please do not quote the entire first thread.

These are not illegal, they ARE the links to Microsoft's official distribution partner Digitalriver. One link is included for the specific language, version, and bit-size, along with a product key, when you buy W7 digitally from Microsoft.

NOTE: I have heard Microsoft is not happy the various links have all been gathered together and posted on various websites around the internet but so far they have not requested we remove them.

If you do not have a product key it is extremely dangerous to buy "just a key" unless you do it directly from Microsoft/Digitalriver. Keys bought elsewhere online could easily be distributed to multiple people and can show up valid for as long as 4 months before Microsoft shuts them all down ... often too late to try and recover your money.

I would suggest these ISOs are more for people who already have a legal product key but either lost their DVD or it came preinstalled, maybe on a separate partition, and they do not have an actual DVD. It is also useful for people who received OEM installs and would rather reformat and install without all the bloatware companies are paid to force into their builds.

One further note: if you are downloading the ISO, I would suggest you download the SP1-U Media Refresh editions (see post #27) rather than the ones in the original post. The originals work for about 99.99% of the computers but if you are in that .01% you will need the media refresh version, so why even chance it?

Reaction score
Is it possible to using this downloads for the first installation of windows 7. I have downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English, can I now use it to install windows on a brand new pc, without any installations? Please help me..

Reaction score
Is it possible to using this downloads for the first installation of windows 7. I have downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English, can I now use it to install windows on a brand new pc, without any installations? Please help me..
Yes, and when done, you will have a 30 day evaluation period. Any time through the 30 days, you can enter the License Key to activate your copy of Windows. I know 19 pages is quite a bit to read through, but I'm almost certain this has already been mentioned. In fact the original post mentioned it quite clearly.
Thеѕе аrе NOT illegal – Thеѕе аrе јυѕt thе download links fοr Windows 7 SP1 ISO whісh іѕ a retail wrap thаt offers a 30-day trial period. Yου need tο activate уουr Windows afterwards wіth a genuine license activation key tο continue using іt. Downloading thеѕе files frοm Digital River іѕ absolutely legal аnԁ completely free οf charge.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is intended for people that already own a license, without a product key it is of little value for more than an evaluation.

Reaction score
Why would I get an error message stating I need to install SP1 when I downloaded the Windows 7 Home Premium iso? The reason I am downloading this iso is to repair my Windows version that won't allow me to download updates including SP1. Any suggestions?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you are having trouble getting updates then run the Microsoft Fix-it for windows updates.

You could use this W7 SP1 to completely reinstall your system, just make sure you have your product key (use SIW to extract it from the current installation if necessary) and back up all your data to an external drive first.

But to attempt a system repair from W7 DVD to repair a non-SP1 installation, you probably need the non-SP1 version of W7 which is HERE.

Reaction score
I have a legit Windows 7 license and I want to build a new computer. Could I download this Windows 7 ISO image and use it with my license?

This would save me a lot of time as otherwise I will have to install Windows 7 with my original CD and do a ton of updates.

Reaction score
You will have to do a ton of updates anyway. It has been a few years since SP1 was released. You could always update to SP1 after installing Windows. Once SP1 is installed your progress would be the same as installing from a SP1 disk.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
FYI: If you have an OEM or an upgrade license that was used to upgrade an OEM XP or Vista then you cannot legally move it to a new computer/motherboard.

But yes, if you have a full license then you can use this SP1 version to save some updates including the huge SP1 update but as Clifford mentioned it is still several years old and there will still be a good many updates. And logically, if you only plan to install once then downloading this would probably take longer than just using the version you have and letting it download the updates up to and including SP1.

Reaction score
Hello, I just download win 7 home because my laptop crashed put my product key in and it says it is not right!! what do i do now?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The key must match the version. The ISO here is for Home Premium. Are you sure your laptop had Home Premium and not Home Starter or Home Basic? If you need Home Starter or Basic you will have to modify the ISO as explained HERE.

If it is definitely Home Premium then hopefully you just mistyped the key because without a proper key you will have to buy a new copy of W7.

Reaction score
The key must match the version. The ISO here is for Home Premium. Are you sure your laptop had Home Premium and not Home Starter or Home Basic? If you need Home Starter or Basic you will have to modify the ISO as explained HERE.

If it is definitely Home Premium then hopefully you just mistyped the key because without a proper key you will have to buy a new copy of W7.
thank you, it says on the sticker win 7 home prem OA

Reaction score
thank you, it says on the sticker win 7 home prem OA
Thanks mate just looked and it is 64 bit lol is there a easy way to update this 32bit to 64 or do i need to get 64 and reload windows?
Thank you so much for your time!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
32 cannot be upgraded to 64; you will need to download and completely reinstall using 64-bit.

However the same product key should work for 64 & 32 bit so hopefully you just mistyped the product key before on that 32-bit installation.

Reaction score
32 cannot be upgraded to 64; you will need to download and completely reinstall using 64-bit.

However the same product key should work for 64 & 32 bit so hopefully you just mistyped the product key before on that 32-bit installation.

Thank you I must have put the wrong one in it worked!! thank you so much :) cheers

regards
Leroy

Reaction score
Currently I am using Win 7 home basic .I have downloaded windows 7 ultimate version.Can I use trail version.If yes How many day I can use them ?

Ask a Question