SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
miu, I suggest you try the W7 Home Premium SP1-U (media refresh) edition; it resolved issues people (a very small percentage) were having installing on some hardware. You can find those links on post #27, a couple pages from the beginning of this thread ... or just click: HERE.

Reaction score
Hi! I download Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 and created a bootable disk. No problems. Thanks!
Question: can I use it to upgrade my current Win 7 Ultimate?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, these are not upgrade DVDs, they require a fresh install with a product key specific for the version you are installing (Home Prem, Pro, or Ultimate).

I'm guessing you mean you have 32-bit and want to switch to 64; that is not considered an upgrade anyway. Be sure your processor supports 64-bit, back up your system, and do a complete reinstall.

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply! :)
Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer. I am running Win 7 Ultimate x64. When I said "upgrade" I meant upgrade to SP1.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If all you want is to update to SP1 on an existing W7 install then go to Windows Updates and select it for install. Or if you need to do it on multiple machines then download the SP1 Update from Microsoft; there are several choices but most people will need the 64-bit version "windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe".

miu

Reaction score
hello I' ve done downloading the windows 7 home premium 64 bit sp1 media fresh but still i got error it say that windows cannot install required files. the file may be corrupt or missing.
code error 0x80070017

im using
hp dm4 pavilion dm43001tx

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
miu, are you trying to install W7 to the same computer you used to download and burn the ISO to DVD?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What software did you use to burn the DVD? - Try IMGBurn.
What speed did you run the burn? Try 3X
Did you use the verify option to confirm a proper burn? Use Verify
Have you tried downloading again and burning another DVD?
After it is burned you must make sure you reboot with the DVD in the drive and as the first boot device; if your OS on the hard drive boots then that is NOT correct.

miu

Reaction score
im using the image burn and use the 4x speed and yes i use the verify option

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have an SSD or a hard drive 2TB or larger? Because those require additional drivers not included on the W7 install.

miu

Reaction score
i don't have 2tb extra hardrive but im using the 550gb ... what should i do to install the win 7 64bit version

Reaction score
i don't have 2tb extra hardrive but im using the 550gb ... what should i do to install the win 7 64bit version
You don't need to do anything extra. Just install it on that drive. Drives 2TB and SSDs (not all SSDs but some) require additional drivers during the installation process. You don't need any special drivers for a 550gb drive.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
miu, it definitely sounds like the ISO is damaged: the file(s) is corrupt (either on download or burn or possibly your hard drive is going bad and loosing bits). I really have no other ideas because that error is a corrupted files notification. Maybe you could have a friend download and burn the DVD using their computer.

miu

Reaction score
ok tnx for the advise and help ill try to use other pc to download the windows home premium !!!!

Reaction score
Am i able to install full win7 with these discs?

I previously lost my PC to a missing file basicly a install disc, Could i install my PC again with one of these or are they only updaters?
:(

Reaction score
Am i able to install full win7 with these discs?

I previously lost my PC to a missing file basicly a install disc, Could i install my PC again with one of these or are they only updaters?
:(
Yes and no. Its a full RETAIL version BUT it will only work for 30 days unless you have a RETAIL key to use to activate it. If you bought Windows 7 as a retail package, you can use the key that came with it. If you had Windows 7 installed on the PC when you bought it, it is probably an OEM key and it will not work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Actually an OEM key should work as long as it is for the same version, for example if you have an OEM key for Home Premium then you must install Home Premium. Using an OEM key however means this installation is limited to the same restrictions as any OEM license: it gets no free support from Microsoft and it may not be put on any PC except the original.

The only issue I have heard of with an OEM license is if your computer is pre-activated using SLIC in the BIOS that this doesn't seem to work and you will have to actually type in that product key.

But I agree, it may be easier to attempt to repair your current installation than to perform a complete reinstall.

Ask a Question