NO USB or CDROM Showing In Libraries or My Computer

Reaction score
Unable to see or run any CDROM from USB or from computer installed CDROM. Updated drivers and ran system fix it, no issues reported and driver is reported to be most recent and updated. Makes no difference what USB slot is used as well. I am hoping this is a setting adjustment?

Reaction score
Is this a new computer or where they just gone one day when you tryed to connect? Had this problem a while ago with my new computer, only though on my front usb port. Solved that problem though, the cables was conected wrong to the motherboard.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Type diskmgmt.msc in the Start...Search box and run it. See if the drive is even listed there. If it is then right-click on it and assign it a drive letter.

Reaction score
Nothing shows on the diskmgmt.msc for the DVD/CD drive. Same is true if I have external DVD/CD USB plugged in. Computer is 3 years old. Any other suggestions?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you plug in a Flash drive does it see that? If you plug in a USB printer?
... If nothing works then USB ports could be disabled or lack proper drivers.
... if printer works but flash drive will not then there could be software blocking new drive letters. Libraries and businesses often disable additional drives so that you cannot install or take software, or run unknown, potentially infected programs from flash drives, etc.

If you plug this CD-Rom into another W7 computer can it be seen there?
... If no then I suspect the CD-Rom drive may be bad

Last edited:

Ask a Question