No sound HP laptop

Reaction score
I installed windows 7 on my HP model dv9310us laptop. Everything works except for the sound. I have d/l and installed all the latest drivers from HP with no results. The sound pulsates as if it was working, but no sound comes out of the speakers. The speakers are not muted and the volume is turned up. I have tried to find a problem solution at HP, but no help there. I hope someone has found a solution for this.

Reaction score
Yeah, done that. I've done most of the logical things. But they did work back when it was vista.

Reaction score
i have gone to the hp site looked at the driver there : Windows 7 (32-bit) Conexant audio driver for the computer models and components listed. Is this correct

Reaction score
have you plugged in a headphone to see if that works? The below excerpt is from another forum.

Another problem can be with the headphone jack itself: This is what another person said:

The headphone input jack is stuck, there is a small switch inside the jack which shuts off the speakers when headphones are plugged in. When the headphones are pulled out, the speakers turn on again.

The thing you have to do is figure out which headphone jack you were using when you noticed this(i'm assuming you have 2 like mine).

My problem was that my girlfriend put an iPod video cable into my headphone jack to connect it to our stereo. It fits the hack but instead of a stereo 1/8" plug with 2 sections, it has 3 which makes it slightly longer which is what stuck the internal switch inside the jack and disabled the speakers.

Rather than bringing my computer to get fixed, I just took a pair of headphones and inserted them into the jack repeatedly, at different speeds. Mostly what worked was putting it in and pulling it out rather quickly. have a song playing looped while you do it so that you can tell if it worked or not. It will take some time and patience.

Reaction score
OK. tried that, but still not working. I wondering if the little button power board where the speakers plug in could be bad?

Ask a Question