Did my laptop soundcard die?

Reaction score
Hey guys! Guess who has more questions?
I am using my Toshiba Satellite A505. Skype was working fine, everything was working fine.
Now I am trying to talk to someone via skype, and they can't hear me, I tried the echo test call, i can't hear myself either. I have been messing around with the voice section of the sound in my control panel for over and hour, I still cannot get any results. No matter how loudly I speak, I cannot hear anything.

Is there some app that can tell me if something has broken? Can I test my sound input somehow else?

Thanks

Reaction score
There is several different things that could be the problem.

Check your mixer settings and make sure your mic volume is not all the way down or muted.
Check to see if you are using the latest sound drivers for your laptop.
Are you using an internal or external microphone?
Do you have an external microphone port? If so have you tried a different microphone?

Reaction score
There is several different things that could be the problem.

Check your mixer settings and make sure your mic volume is not all the way down or muted.
Check to see if you are using the latest sound drivers for your laptop.
Are you using an internal or external microphone?
Do you have an external microphone port? If so have you tried a different microphone?
Yeah I checked the mixer, the mic volume is up. I'm using the internal microphone. And I keep my drivers updated with Driver Checker. I don't even have an external microphone, and I'm bed bound by doctors orders.

Ask a Question