No "press any key to boot from cd" message

Reaction score
I try to install Windows 7 on my system, but when i insert the dvd with the .ISO of windows 7 64-bit into my drive, i select boot from my DVD drive on start up, and the screen goes black, but nothing happens, and it starts my Windows XP.

Please help =)

Oh, and ive also re-burned the .ISO at the lowest speed, multiple times. No luck.

Reaction score
Hi Choss92 - Welcome to the site

First thing to check would be to see if you have the "Boot to CD/DVD" option in the system BIOS turned on.

Secondly if you are placing the ISO file on a DVD it will not Boot. Forgive me if I misunderstood you. The ISO file is a backup image of "Windows 7 DVD" and must be wrote with an Image Burning Software. I use Nero with success at 12X not the 16X max.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. =)

Im using PowerISO's Burn feature to take the .ISO of Windows 7 RC1 to the DVD, and i will check the BIOS settings.

Maybe its a problem with PowerISO? Ill try something else and see how it works.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Choss it slipped my mind at first - Small note just in case you didnt know

In the System BIOS The CD/DVD must be set to boot before the Hard Drive

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Clifford beat me to it and suggested what I was about to say...

Can you confirm other bootable media still work fine? If so this means the disc isn't burned properly. If this is the case make sure you are burning the iso as a "disc image". It wouldn't hurt to decrease the burning speed either when something isn't working right, I'm amazed how often this seems to fix things.

Ask a Question