installation stuck at "press any key to boot from cd or dvd"

Reaction score
hello everyone..

i was trying to upgrade my windows7 from 32 bit to 64 bit. i downloaded the ISO image and burned it to DVD by right clicking on the iso file, then open with, then widows disc image burner. now when i try to boot with the DVD and i get the "press any key to boot from cd or dvd" message with a black background. but if i press keys nothing happens and it remains same forever. why it doesnt proceed further ? what to do?

alternatively, i tried pressing F11 during restarting, then selecting cd or dvd for booting and hiting enter, but then also it takes me to the black screen with the "press any key to boot from cd or dvd" message and blinking cursor, if i press keys nothing happens !

cd and dvd is at the no. 1 in the booting list..

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
It sounds like the burn did not work properly. Can you still boot into windows? If so, do try to reburn the image. You may want to try a free ISO burning program (http://www.freeisoburner.com/ ) and set the burn speed to the slowest.

Ask a Question