New keyboard gives a BSOD on pressing a key

Reaction score
I recently bought a new USB keyboard (GK-004 Silvio) and a new USB Mouse (Dragon War Thor), and I seem to be experiencing BSODs with my new keyboard. (had been using PS/2 keyboard and mouse before with no problems till date). I then updated all of my drivers using Driver Booster, and the problem stopped, until I restarted for the next time. Now as soon as I press a key after logging in, it gives me a BSOD right away and it doesn't let me see the message (as it did for the very first time, and it also restarts too just right after the BSOD). I got lucky one time and saw that the message was:
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" due to 'kbdclass.sys'

1. I've run for a virus scan and I couldn't find any threats.
2. I've cross checked that all my drivers are up to date. There were no specific keyboard drivers/softwares included with my keyboard nor could I find any online.
3. I've been self-logging myself with the help of Spyrix for a few days due to personal reasons. The BSOD occurs irrespective of Spyrix logging/running and as I mentioned, it worked perfectly fine for a whole day until I restarted during which Spyrix was working. (It doesn't crash with my old PS/2 keyboard)
4. I've run TDSSKiller and found no threats.
5. My USBs currently include: Speakers, XBox 360 Controller, New USB Mouse (which seems to be working without any problem)...I don't suppose any of those could cause any problems.
6. I've done a sfc /scannow, it said that it found some corrupt files and was unable to repair them. Maybe I should do it in safemood or with a W7 DVD inserted? After the restart, the issue wasn't resolved.
7. The keyboard works fine in Safe Mood.
8. There are currently no dumps in my minidump folder.

Below is a link to dm_log_collector log..hope it helps. Thanks. :)
db.tt/pWUvFyl9

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Likely a conflict between kbdclass and another driver. A mini dump of a crash or two would be useful.

To enable minidumps, open Command Prompt with Admin privileges and enter this command:
wmic RECOVEROS set DebugInfoType = 3

Reaction score
1) Improper driver that installed previously which cannot removed properly or newly installed driver cause this issue!
2) Recently installed hardware or software(keyboard)
3) what about startup repair?

Shintaro

Reaction score
It appears that the BIOS is very old:
BiosMajorRelease = 8
BiosMinorRelease = 12
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 0020
BiosReleaseDate = 02/27/2009

Normally I wouldn't recommend updating the BIOS, but you are trying to attach a modern KB to a motherboard that has a 2009 BIOS.
Your motherboard support page HERE.

BEWARE that updating the BIOS can brick your motherboard, so take it to a tech if you are not sure yourself.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question