no internet connection

Reaction score
I just installed windows 7 on a partition with xp on the same computer. There is no internet connection.
I think i need to get a vista driver for an old NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller on XP, so windows 7 gets on line. The error is "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you need to reinstall the driver."

nVidia's site isnt much help... http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

edit: updated info (please keep the same topic in one thread :)):

I recently windows 7 on a partition with xp on the same computer.( HP a330n ) There is no internet connection. the error message is.. "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you need to reinstall the driver."

I tried installing the latest driver and the vista driver and it says " the best driver for my device is already installed. "

I need to get a vista driver for an old NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller on XP if possible, so windows 7 gets on line. The mother board is asus A7N8X-LA.

This is my 2nd post about the same problem with more information.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you know what your motherboard is, as I guess it's a built-in nForce one?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've most your new thread into the first post, as it was on the same topic :)

I can't see a driver that would work in Windows 7 unfortunatly, however what you could do is run the beta within XP using VirtualBox. This would use your working drivers to connect to the internet then (via the XP installation):

https://www.w7forums.com/run-windows-7-virtualbox-t107.html

Reaction score
My internet didnt work after I installed Win7. I had to use a linksys network adapter then run windows update and it found the driver for my laptop.

Reaction score
My ethernet didnt work either after installed of windows 7 beta build 7000. My mobo disc was incompatible with this version of windows. I had to open disc in explorer then try to install just the LAN. Windows said again it wasnt compatible but then after couple minutes the installer ran and my internet now works.

I've got P5K P35 SE mobo.

Reaction score
Normally if you wanna force the installation you have to right click on the driver exe, choose run as administrator and then follow the instructions.

Reaction score
I have this same problem with a nForce 2 Mobo. I will let you know if I get it working, it works with Vista which is strange.

Ask a Question