no driver found when clean installing - HP 6030n

Reaction score
When isntalling Windows 7 to a HP Pavilion -6030n that has already had the OS removed, the install cannot find a driver. It states No drivers were found. ANY HELP???

Reaction score
Hi dyaro - Welcome to w7forum

Do you have any hardware plug into the computer, Scanners, printers, cameras, etc... . You can try unplugging everything and then try again. Once the install is finished then you can add them back and install the drivers for them then.

The only other thing I can think of that would be giving you troubles would be the Recovery Partition. Does you computer still have the Recovery Partition? If so you may have no choice but to remove it. I have heard others having this problem and the install went perfect afterward.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi dyaro

Does setup indecate what driver is missing ? eg - optical drive, mass storage controllers etc.

Reaction score
The install cannot find any drivers. I went to HP's site and for my desktop there are no drivers for Windows 7 only Vista! So the motherboard drivers, etc.. there are none for Windows 7 to download. I am actually thinking of just going to buy a new desktop today

Ask a Question