No device drivers found

Reaction score
Hi
i bought a new dell inspiron n 5010 and i have downloaded windows 7 professional(64 bit) from the MSDNAA account and burned the image on the DVD.

In the bios of my laptop i set the sata mode to ahci

when i try to install windows 7. it loads file completely but after install and next button click a dialog box appears with some message as

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok."

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse i have tried to find those missing drivers but without succeed.

what should i do?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Make sure your DVD is set as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS.

You can install the AHCI drivers either during the install process, which is best, or after it's your choice.

I see you bought your DELL in 5010, I am curious what is technology like in the future? LOL! Just Kidding!

When you get to that screen you mentioned, it must be the one to load the AHCI drivers during install process.

Does your notebook computer have an Intel CPU or an AMD?

If it's Intel you'll need the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers.

Here I am assuming you have an Intel CPU and a Intel Series 5 chipset. You need the following driver which covers several other chipsets too for notebook computers.

This download is also valid for the products listed below. Use the links below for additional product downloads:

Intel® 3 Series Chipsets

Intel® 4 Series Chipset
Intel® 5 Series Chipset

Intel® 5000P Chipset
Intel® 5000V
Chipset
Intel® 5000X Chipset

Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 955X Express Chipset

Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel® 975X Express Chipset
Intel® E7230 Chipset
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)
Intel® X58 Express Chipset
Mobile
Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile
Intel® 5 Series Chipset
Mobile
Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family
Mobile
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

The download is what Intel calls F6 or Floppy Install drivers, but you can put them on a thumb drive or external hard drive.

Copy the 64 bit drivers from the folder (after unzipping the file) and put them on the root directory of the thumb drive. That is, not in a folder. Then click the "Browse" button and it will find them. Be sure the thumb drive is plugged in when you begin the install.

English: f6flpy96x64.zip
Download

Click the link above and it will begin the driver download.

Reaction score
thanks for the help
but i need some more help

when i loaded this driver file it scanned and showed me a single intel 5 series chipset but after selection for installation, it starts the installaion and then give the error as follows
"no new devices could be found. make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media"

:-(

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
When you see this screen do as stated in the Window:

Are getting to this window as shown above?

Please be more specific about what is going on here.

Reaction score
as i click the install button, this screen appears as

after that i browse the driver files but it give me error as
"no new devices could be found. make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media"

Reaction score
use some registry key cleaner(reginout) to solve ur problem, update drivers from microsoft

Ask a Question