New Windows 7 UI?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul Thurrott suggests that Windows 7 may have a new user interface when it goes RTM, which could be the big surprise rumoured over the past few weeks:

There are rumors, too, that a new UI is coming and it may make sense for Microsoft to hold on to that UI for the RTM builds, so that it has one last surprise to offer up to its eager fans. Indeed, the smartest thing Microsoft has done with Windows 7, in many ways, is keep the drama high by playing things close to the vest. That said, our first RTM-level build, build 7106, doesn't really offer anything in the way of revelation. (A newer build, 7107, has also leaked recently, and we can expect more to come in the days ahead.)
That would be quite a surprise if Windows 7 does get a major facelift!

Read more here:
http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_7106.asp

Reaction score
Bullshit.

Windows 7 has entered code escrow. It's feature- and design-complete. This is what code escrow means. No more changes unless it's bug fixes.

Thurrott is just farming page hits.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't really see what they would change even if they wanted to - and like you say, a new UI could need more testing so surely wouldn't be introduced at a late stage.

Perhaps I should make an article up called "free upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista... alledgedly...", that would liven the site up ;)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Perhaps I should make an article up called "free upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista... alledgedly...", that would liven the site up ;)
Yes, yes. Definately. Make it the site's google description. I can totally imagine that...

Windows 7 Forums
This is a Windows 7 forum, dedicated to friendly discussion of the new Microsoft Operating System. We also have instructions on how to upgrade from Vista to 7 FREE!!! JOIN!!!!
www.w7forums.com/ - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Last edited:
Reaction score
How about a new theme? That would change the look of W7 but not require major re-coding. Could that be the surprise?

Reaction score
I doubt if they would use a new windows theme as the sole UI .
Can see how the free upgrade from Vista would be a big hit on Google :)

Reaction score
I 100% agree, infact I do not expect it to be much different then the 7077 build either.

Ask a Question