• Classic style from XP/Vista

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I like (or dislike) them both equally

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do you prefer the new taskbar that comes with Windows 7, or would you prefer the old one from Vista?

I still don't like the new one, but it's not so bad once you've changed it to include text alongside the icon.

Perhaps I'm just an old fart that doesn't like change ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm more or less in tune with the Windows 7/Vista start menu, but I wish folders were at the top of "all programs" and I hate that the menu doesn't grow with the addition of applications.

The scrollbar sucks.

But that said, I only really use the start menu once or twice a month, so I'm ultimately ambivalent to it.

Reaction score
Oops, sorry I mean taskbar, not start menu. Is there I can change the title of the thread and poll, as I can only edit the text. Sorry for the confusion!

Reaction score
Oh. I hate the new Windows 7 taskbar. Collapsing icons and removing text from my taskbar is an atrocity. I'm glad I can revert back to XP/Vista-style bars, and I'm quite happy that way.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oops, sorry I mean taskbar, not start menu. Is there I can change the title of the thread and poll, as I can only edit the text. Sorry for the confusion!
I read this thread a few mins ago and wondered if you meant that, because you put XP/Vista ;) I'll update the title and poll now (I don't think that users can edit this, only admins and moderators).

edit: I've also moved your vote Thrax now that spearace has clarified the poll (hope that's ok!).

Reaction score
Another one for the old Vista style. Thumnails are great, but the superbar confuses me so much. Perhaps it will grow on us once we are used to it.

Reaction score
y they didn go the xp way ? i wud like to have a choice which one to use , new or classic

Reaction score
I love the new Windows 7 Superbar.
It's a lot easier to navigate between open windows, it even gives you a full screen preview if you hover over it. Everything is so simple and clean..easy to navigate..maybe you guys just aren't used to the style yet :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Prefer old taskbar

I guess I'm too old for this so I prefer the old classic taskbar. I never liked the XP or Vista default taskbars and always chose "classic" for just about everything. I guess it may be due to being raised on DOS and never really cared for the bloatedness (is that a word?) of the newer stuff, though some apps are cool.

So, I presume by the poll question that there is NO way to get a classic type taskbar or anything else?

Reaction score
I think the new windows 7 task bar is pretty awesom, i havent really tried out the vista os, on friends, and families pcs, and didnt like it. but this version seems to snaz the OS up a little bit

Reaction score
Be even better when some .msstyles are released after the RTM comes out ...Thats if you like that sort of thing :D.

Reaction score
CSMenu

Hi, I've written some software that tries to be the classic start menu.

It's far from perfect, as it doesn't work when you press the original orb (instead, I recommend you use Start Killer v3.0 and add an icon to my program to the taskbar).

I have attached some screenshots of the latest version v0.8. I do release new versions every so often.

Constructive criticism and feedback / suggestions or bugs are welcome.

Thanks,

Thomas.

Attachments

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score

It's far from perfect, as it doesn't work when you press the original orb (instead, I recommend you use Start Killer v3.0 and add an icon to my program to the taskbar).

I have attached some screenshots of the latest version v0.8. I do release new versions every so often.

Thanks,

Thomas.
Welcome to the site Thomas :ciao: That software looks really interesting, any chance you could post a new thread here in customization with a download and I'm sure you'll get some people trying it out :)

Reaction score

Thanks,

Thomas.
I'm using the 0.8 version of this and it looks like it's going to be a great bit of software, it works really well already :D (I told Thomas about this forum on another site as I thought other W7 members here would like it - and this is my fav forum :D) Thanks for joining here Thomas, I look forward to seeing your future releases!

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I love the superbar but now that I have a dock, I hardly use it.

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Thomas :ciao: That software looks really interesting, any chance you could post a new thread here in customization with a download and I'm sure you'll get some people trying it out :)
Yeah no problem - sorry it took so long to reply!

I can't believe I forgot to upload the actual program!! :eek:

I'll make a new thread now.

Thomas.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question