• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
I truly hate the Windows 7 taskbar.

And don't even mentioned Vista, please. That was an abomination. I have never seen so many blue screens of death as with Vista - which promptly got returned to the store and replaced with XP.

The MAC OS, which many Luddites seem to love for some reason, reminds me of driving a car with an automatic transmission - which I despise. Just like Win 7, the "helpful" Mac OS wants to do things for you, whether you like it, or not.

In case you want to know, I did try to give the iPhone a chance a couple of years ago, but returned it after 3 days. It simply drove me nuts. I don't want to have anything Apple (still have a broken iPod, which I got as a present).

The dumb emphasis on form over function is for the birds. Despite reading a number of glowing articles about the Win 7 "superbar", I fail to see any advantage - it is just a pain in the butt. It is getting disabled today. Also, Microsoft, you must have worked long and hard to design the crappiest control panel to date. If it wasn't for the middling quality Office suite, you guys would be and should be broke by now. What a bunch of dumb, but trendy software designers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
You know what else is disgusting? I just began to get warning windows saying that my Win7 is not genuine. Granted, it could have something to do with my updating of my BIOS, but hopefully not. I have an OEM Win7 with original discs that came with the computer and for whatever reason, MicroS**T has screwed up big time in their quest to make sure that NO ONE can get their OS without paying for it. And who ends up paying for this, the paying user. I've checked their "support" forums and this is NOT a rare issue; there are tons and tons of people who are getting these messages after upgrading to Win7, etc, etc. MS is really pissing people off and if I could find apps that I use in UNIX, I'd switch in a heartbeat! MS needs to fix this problem, and NOW!

Reaction score
This thread has not been open in two years and now we have two negative post within the last 4 hours. I will now close the thread before it attracts more negativity. If you would like to open the subject again, please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question